Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sunday Morning Ride)

So I tried to hook up with some guys to ride with this morning. No one showed at the meeting spot. I decided to try to find some nice roads on my own. Headed north (from dallas) towards a lake. Figured there might be a nice road around the lake. Met up with two guys on Hondas. nice enough, but I should have known they'd be slow (damn slow ass Hondas...:heyyou: ). The road had a few switch backs after long straights. I followed since I was their "guest". They fuggin parked it in every turn. aaauuurrrgggg. Pulled over at a gas station and the one guy said, "you kept up pretty good". Fug. Annoyed I came back "home" and think I'm gonna just drink Coronas and do laundry. My time in Dallas is not starting off good at all...:sad:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I knew right away when i saw the initials SMR what this was gonna be as theres a SMR in the greater Bay Area/ Calif/ San Fran that has doz show every sunday.......but then they have twisties :wink: Miykl you'll manage to find some areas to frequent soon enough... that is if the many texans on this site get off their duffs and meet up wit cha's. :dontknow:

BD

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Its freakin 100 degrees today!! :lol:

Sorry about the bad experience, are ya sure you were at the right Einsein Bros?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy- ya, i got an email from "geek". No one showed though. One of the guys I did ride with said he rides with them every once in awhile and does track days with them. He didn't seam to have track experience skills though. Might have been full of shit. Hell Pesky coulda beat them in the curves!

I'm sure the next time will be better. Just annoyed. Living in a shoe box extended stay hotel sux. I count my blessings though. At least I have a house to go back too. I keep hearing from friends that lost family and property. Katrina changed so many lives, I shouldn't complain.

Andy- how dare you call yourself a Texan and whine about the heat? It felt cool to me in full leathers. The lack of humidity is great!!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Daddy said:
... that is if the many texans on this site get off their duffs and meet up wit cha's. :dontknow:

BD
YA!!!

I think the track day tomorrow has many staying home today. That and dem big bad Texans chicken of a lil heat. sheeeeeeeeee :helmet:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
miykl said:
Andy- ya, i got an email from "geek". No one showed though. One of the guys I did ride with said he rides with them every once in awhile and does track days with them. He didn't seam to have track experience skills though. Might have been full of shit. Hell Pesky coulda beat them in the curves!

I'm sure the next time will be better. Just annoyed. Living in a shoe box extended stay hotel sux. I count my blessings though. At least I have a house to go back too. I keep hearing from friends that lost family and property. Katrina changed so many lives, I shouldn't complain.

Andy- how dare you call yourself a Texan and whine about the heat? It felt cool to me in full leathers. The lack of humidity is great!!
If theres a Ridesmart trackday tommorrow they probablly all have plans on being there. Bad timing I guess. Not to mention its the first 100 degree day in like a month.

And how'd you get them to email you? I could never contact them.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Daddy said:
damn refugee scarin off the local yocals already.

BD
Hey! I played nice and didn't show em the 10's tail!! Next time, they'll suck on Akra II! ...if there is a next time. I'm driving home this weekend. May trade the truck and bike in for the P-car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts