Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I hope I dont sound too condecending....here we go...

Aiight, for those who smoke cigarrettes, what do you do with your butts? I see SO MANY folks just tossing them out of their car, some of them still lit. In Texas we dont get much rain, and cigarette butts cause several grass fires a year.

I guess Im just looking for someone who does it to explain to me why.

I've wanted so many times to yank folks out of their car when I see them just leisurly toss out that butt. Whats the ash tray for?

I mean where's your respect for your city, town, neighborhood?

Here at work, we have a smoking section outside. Now I work in corprate america, and we're supposed to be professional here...we'll the smokers here, just throw their butts on the ground, so now theres hundreds of butts right outside the front door. GROSS!

Just on Monday a guy I was sittin on my front porch, I live in a small neighborhood btw, and as he's driving by my house he opens a fresh pack of cigs and just tosses the foil at the top, out of the window right in front of me. Didn't even think twice about it.

Well I watched him and he stopped not to far down the street, so I figured Id go tell him what I thought about it.

So I go get my mini and pick up his trash and Im headed toward him and he gets back in his truck and comes back toward me. I flag him down and Ask him "what is this" holdin his wrapper.

He just looked at me with this blank stare like "dude what are you talkin about" Thinkin about it later, I figure he didn't even realize he threw it out.

So the passenger leans over and asks, "what is it?" SO I said its a ciggarette wrapper and tossed it his truck.

Finally he put 2 and 2 together and said " thanks. I appreciate that"

So I used to smoke, when I was REALLY young, both my parents and my brother smokes, so its not like I dont know what its like or whatever...

I STILL cant understand why theres so many folks that smoke that litter.

So theres my rant. If ya smoke and have a good excuse like, "the butts are biodegradeable" or something....speak up. BTW, butts aint biodegradable.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I cant stand cigarretts. No one in my family smokes but everyone in my wifes family does. I wont let my daughter spend the night with them or even stay over without one of us there. I hate my little girl being exposed to it.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I don't undersatnd throwing out butts either. Now empty beer bottles or cans I understand. Don't want to get caught with those in the car. Plus it's just damn fun to hit mail boxes with em! [/sarcasm]

I have a corner lot. Every time I mow I have to pick up tons of butts out of my yard at the corner. Ticks me off to no end. I REALLY HATE when on the bike some A-hole throws his lit cig out the window and it comes right for me!!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Ok, I hope I dont sound too condecending....here we go...

Aiight, for those who smoke cigarrettes, what do you do with your butts? I see SO MANY folks just tossing them out of their car, some of them still lit. In Texas we dont get much rain, and cigarette butts cause several grass fires a year.

I guess Im just looking for someone who does it to explain to me why.

I've wanted so many times to yank folks out of their car when I see them just leisurly toss out that butt. Whats the ash tray for?

I mean where's your respect for your city, town, neighborhood?

Here at work, we have a smoking section outside. Now I work in corprate america, and we're supposed to be professional here...we'll the smokers here, just throw their butts on the ground, so now theres hundreds of butts right outside the front door. GROSS!

Just on Monday a guy I was sittin on my front porch, I live in a small neighborhood btw, and as he's driving by my house he opens a fresh pack of cigs and just tosses the foil at the top, out of the window right in front of me. Didn't even think twice about it.

Well I watched him and he stopped not to far down the street, so I figured Id go tell him what I thought about it.

So I go get my mini and pick up his trash and Im headed toward him and he gets back in his truck and comes back toward me. I flag him down and Ask him "what is this" holdin his wrapper.

He just looked at me with this blank stare like "dude what are you talkin about" Thinkin about it later, I figure he didn't even realize he threw it out.

So the passenger leans over and asks, "what is it?" SO I said its a ciggarette wrapper and tossed it his truck.

Finally he put 2 and 2 together and said " thanks. I appreciate that"

So I used to smoke, when I was REALLY young, both my parents and my brother smokes, so its not like I dont know what its like or whatever...

I STILL cant understand why theres so many folks that smoke that litter.

So theres my rant. If ya smoke and have a good excuse like, "the butts are biodegradeable" or something....speak up. BTW, butts aint biodegradable.
+1 I am right with yah

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well I can't say too much... I smoke. I the car I use my ashtry. But I smoke on the motorcycle too the 10 doesn't come with a ashtry so I don't have much choice but to discard it on the roadside. I don't do this in the nieghborhood like into someones yard or anything but on a highway, freeway or the like, and if I'm in a group I'm sure to ride off and flick it away from everyones path. I hate cigerrettes flying at me.
Don't know what to tell ya hillbilly. It would really piss me off if I saw someone throw some trash in my yard. I live on a dead end block and still end up with little in my yard. damn teenagers.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why couldnt' you wait till youre not riding?

I mean...youre on a 10r to ride...

I cant really see how you acutally have the time or abililty to smoke while riding...and cant you just put it out and put the butt in your poket? Seems like thats just as easy as lightin one up while riding...:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i feel ya bro, i hate it when the smokers section is outside, right in front of the door i have to walk through so now i smell like ass and it blows into the bldg.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i'll tell you why people do it because they can. if cops would give a $200+ ticket and enforce it like they do seatbelt then this wouldnt happen. until they start handing out tickets it's not going stop. i have seen people throw them out when there were cops behind them and nothing happens.:headshake

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
When I used to smoke, I never used my ashtray in my car. I can't stand the smell of stale smoke (and it takes a smoker to know the difference between stale and not stale!) and didn't want the butts in the car, so I flicked. I always flicked, and always made sure of 2 things: 1) no one would be hit by it and 2) it would not land on private property. I never, ever tossed wrappers or boxes.

As for smoking outdoors, I never stood by a door, never smoked around crowds that weren't smokers and never put out my butts on the ground if there was an ashtray provided. Even when I was smoking I hated inconsiderate smokers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
eric said:
i'll tell you why people do it because they can. if cops would give a $200+ ticket and enforce it like they do seatbelt then this wouldnt happen. until they start handing out tickets it's not going stop. i have seen people throw them out when there were cops behind them and nothing happens.:headshake
Like 7-10 yearsw ago I got pulled over by a cop at 5A.M. for flicking a cig out the car when I was on my way to work. He gave me the third degree about everything. I was surprised he didnt search my car. Well I don't remember if I got a ticket that time or a warning but the police do have the power to ticket you for littering if they feel the need.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Big Daddy said:
a valid rant f'sho.......... as a society we are just lazy and disrespectful.

BD

:iamwithst

1 - 20 of 91 Posts