Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just put my Graves smog block offs in and before I put the bike back together, do I need to do anything with the plug? Will it throw a code if I just leave it unplugged? If so, suggestions?

·
Registered
499 Posts
So I just put my Graves smog block offs in and before I put the bike back together, do I need to do anything with the plug? Will it throw a code if I just leave it unplugged? If so, suggestions?
if you leave it unplugged it will cause an FI light. if you have it flashed like with woolich you can remove the FI light that way. Which is the way i got rid of mine.

quick search and this popped up http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/2016-zx-10r-smog-block-off-plates-306353.html

they talk about removing the FI light with either a ecu flash, jumper, or leave it connected.

·
Registered
215 Posts
As mentioned, gotta jump it or flash the ecu to get rid of the code if you don't want to leave it plugged in. Ivans block off plates come with the plug. I just removed the smog off my 2016 ZX14R and didn't bother putting the plug in because I have the woolich device. Just realized the option isn't available to turn it off for my year of zx14r. So now I gotta go back in and install the plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.