Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to get a lil more bottom end grunt out of my bike, what is going to be the easiest way to do that...i.e. smaller front, bigger back...?

·
Registered
801 Posts
As long as you're talking about the sprockets, yes. That will give you better acceleration but take away in top speed. I'd start with a rear sprocket only then go from there. I have a +2 in the rear and that's more than enough for me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
16 tooth in the front all day long..14 bucks for something that makes such a huge difference...just try it

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think the bike just needs a lil more low end poop, but dont want to change thing drastically i like going fast too!

·
Registered
801 Posts
16 tooth in the front all day long..14 bucks for something that makes such a huge difference...just try it
:+1:

Forgot to mention, front sprocket is much cheaper than a rear. A tooth down in the front is equivalent to 3 teeth more in the rear as a rule of thumb. So a -1/+2 setup is like going to a +5 on the rear :thumbsup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now if i did -1/+2 do you need a new chain?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
kneedraggers.com that is where i ordered mine yesterday. i got the 16t and the 41t for the real if the 16t isnt enough. if it is ill keep the 41 one till im ready.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
as long as you're talking about the sprockets, yes. That will give you better acceleration but take away in top speed. I'd start with a rear sprocket only then go from there. I have a +2 in the rear and that's more than enough for me.
:+1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts