Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Small issue after frame swap-speedo reading @ idle

Just finished a frame swap today with my 05 zx10r. After i start the bike the speedo is reading 5 or 6 mph at idle as i give it gas it climbs in mph.

Ground issue? The only solid ground i remember pulling is under the gas tank. And its in and tight.

Any ideas?

Tia

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
ive swapped a couple frames, thankfully ive never run into this problem. definately sounds electrical/sensore related.

you get this sorted yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, i had been waiting for my new chain to come and therefore there was no chain on it.

After alot of searching i got the idea to look at that front sprocket, saw a sensor and the light bulb came on :idea:. so started it up and watched it, sure enough it was spinning even though it was in neutral. Threw the old chain back on and problem solved. Had me stumped for awhile.

Now if i could get only get my @#$%^&* gas tank open, have oiled it, smacked it, pulled the fuel pump to try and get inside. It will not unlock. Its stuck solid after sitting for a couple years.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
wd40 ftw!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
After alot of searching i got the idea to look at that front sprocket, saw a sensor and the light bulb came on :idea:. so started it up and watched it, sure enough it was spinning even though it was in neutral. Threw the old chain back on and problem solved. Had me stumped for awhile.
guess my PM advice worked too :lol: good deal :thumbsup:

bloo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts