Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed that my air cleaner has a small open nipple with nothing in it. Must be missing a vacuum hose. It's on the bottom, left side.

Can someone tell me what normally goes there? I can see the hose in the manual, but it doesn't label it or tell where it goes.

I bought the engine on ebay and it is installed in my race car.

TIA.

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I just noticed that my air cleaner has a small open nipple with nothing in it. Must be missing a vacuum hose. It's on the bottom, left side.

Can someone tell me what normally goes there? I can see the hose in the manual, but it doesn't label it or tell where it goes.

I bought the engine on ebay and it is installed in my race car.

TIA.
There’s a clear tube that vents down the side of the engine that connects there and just hangs……. and there is some kind of plastic stopper in the tube like in mecury vacuum gauges have just after the nipple.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Sorry forgot to add there is a plug stopper on the other end that's why you see a clamp on the bottom side so the stopper doesn't come loose.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like it is there to release pressure if needed? I wonder if there will be a problem if I simply plug it? I don't think I want to leave it open and allow unfiltered air in.

Seems awfully small if it is to allow for something like a back fire ...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like it is there to release pressure if needed? I wonder if there will be a problem if I simply plug it? I don't think I want to leave it open and allow unfiltered air in.

Seems awfully small if it is to allow for something like a back fire ...
Well it is essentially plugged because the hose has a plug on the end of it. It seems to me and I may be wrong it's more for trapping fluid(like oil) and letting it drip down the hose and since the box is pressurized some that would be the path fluid takes.....also the clear tube will allow you to see if fluid is in the box.

Mind you this is just a guess maybe someone like FAF can chime in but it's the only thing that makes sense right now for it's function.

bloo

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, all. Great forum.

I think I'll just plug it. I've plugged the front big hose (exhaust gas?). I haven't plugged the rear big hose (crankcase vent?) yet. I'll have to think about that. I'm running a dry sump, so maybe there's less chance I'd get oil in the air cleaner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts