Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went for a ride this afternoon and I noticed my throttle response was very sluggish. I have a GIPro ATRE running on selection 1. Highway speeds in sixth felt great but third and fourth felt like ass. I switched it to the null selection and it ran a little smoother but I didn't get back up on the highway. I though the GIPro helped throttle response? Has anyone else ran across this issue? I have a BMC filter, Area P slip on and that's it. no other mods. Oh and 2845 miles on it. BTW, 05 10R. Thanks ahead if anyone can give me some quick insight.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just a thought but maybe you got a tank of bad fuel from the gas station. Its been known to happen. What RPM were you in in 3rd and 4th when you opened the throttle?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It might be the pipe and filter combo. I noticed on my bike before tuning I had a dip a 7K. You might need to to get a custom tune to solve that problem. The decreased back pressure caused by the pipe and the lean condition caused by the filter might be enough to cause that situation.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
And check out the Riffleman's throttle insert while your tinkering with it. Ya get that fixed and add this and you will be happy.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
And check out the Riffleman's throttle insert while your tinkering with it. Ya get that fixed and add this and you will be happy.

:+1:

let me know if you are interested... the 1/5th gives you all that bHp in one smoot twist... get the filter sorted, but get a 1/5th throttle insert in there and you will be amazed.:wink:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts

+27

Although I did tinker with it a little to make it a little more progressive , a bit more of a controlled explosion !!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
i think u need a pc3 to take care of that problem,, bc of the air filter and pipe...i just put on a gipro this week and the bike feels very smoth

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
I got to ride a 10 with a 1/5th... OMG, good thing I was in second or the light would have been pointing at the clouds... and you can file or sand on it a bit to give you a little more control in the lower range if you like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts