Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 05 zx10 in January off a guy after it was stripped for parts outside his shop one night (assholes) when I bought it, he started it right up and ran. I'm in the process of converting it to a streetfighter. I went to start it up last week, hit the starter and the relay started clicking like crazy and the starter barely would turn the engine. I figured it was the starter so I ordered another used one of eBay. I installed it today and boom, same problem. I tried jumping the relay and just going straight to the starter and this was what happened.

Maybe both starters are crap (unlikely) or maybe I missed connecting a wire somewhere but that wouldn't make sense that the starter can't turn the engine....

Also, when I started it the second time and opened the throttle (less compression) it spun slightly faster.

Pretty much lost at this point so any input would be appreciated!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,772 Posts
First off, :welcome:

Secondly, you wasted your money on the starter. The battery is toast. Get a new battery and you're issues will be solved.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
And hook up the radiator hose and fill with fluid before starting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick responses. I was actually jumping that off a brand new battery. Also, I tried jumping it off my car battery and had the same issue so it isn't a question of amperage. I would connect the hose, but I'm more worried about hearing the bike turn over than it actually starting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts