Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Feb/090210-17.htm

Look at this comment from the over the hill Superbike rider..

"DuHamel said the off-season passed with few job offers. "I'm serious, I look at some of the guys who now have rides in the US and I think, 'Who the hell are some of these guys? What have they done?' I don't even recognize their names. What, are they from Europe?".

I guess Miguel felt entitled to a factory ride in 2009 no matter how bad he has sucked in AMA Superbike in the past 8 yrs or so. Now the man will ride for a dealership.......... :thefinger

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
he is and has always been an ass. he said the same thing when Spies was coming up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's a shame the sport has people like DuHamel and Mladin.

It's overall such a humble group of guys. Look at interviews with Rossi, Corser, Plater, Dunlop, Archebald, Martin....they all come off as down to Earth guys you could share a pint with.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
he is and has always been an ass. he said the same thing when Spies was coming up.
Yes, and no. He is an ass to other riders/racers, but very friendly to fans.

He is well past his prime on a Superbike, but he should be very competitive on a 600.

Chris

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah I think he needs to call it quits soon, he has not been doing that great and has been around for ever, use to be good back in the days but I think his days are comming to a end soon racing, but I know he would school me on the track LOL. but yes he is a great person that does take time to talk to fans.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I wouldn't expect too much out of the veteran on a privateer ride. At least it'll help the field out with know riders. I'll be at the race on Friday night.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Further proof that duhamel is nothing more than an overrated douchebag.

:thefinger

And whoever compares mladin to this piece of shit has never been around mladin and is just upset because he kicks their favorite riders ass on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Don't expect Duhamel to come out there with an uncompetitive bike. I feel like if he is given even a near competitive bike, he has a good chance of going out there and winning the 200 just because of his experience. He wants to beat Russell's 200 record so bad that I'm sure that he'll sink some of his Honda fortune into it to make it fast. Regardless if he wins, I refuse to categorize those 600cc 200 wins with the superbike 200 wins. Russell will always be Mr. Daytona in my mind. As far as his remarks about the new guys, they are a little harsh and unnecessary, but hey, he just lost his gravy-train job to a bunch of kids and his little feelings are hurt. Face it, all it seems Honda has asked of him for the past near decade is to win the Daytona 200, win supersport or formula extreme championships, and be somewhat competitive on a superbike. All of those goals he met.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts

no way, mladin is awsome & he can back up his "tude". honestly iv been lucky enough to get up close with mladin @ 2-ama superbike weekends, he was very nice to me & my fiance, pictures, autographs, & a small chat were no problem with him, mladin and spies took ama racing to a new level that nobody has yet to match, hacking had a few moments of brilliance but could'nt consistantly run with them.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

no way, mladin is awsome & he can back up his "tude". honestly iv been lucky enough to get up close with mladin @ 2-ama superbike weekends, he was very nice to me & my fiance, pictures, autographs, & a small chat were no problem with him,...
:+1:
Mladin was the first pro to stop and talk to my wife and I at Barber when it held it's first race and he and his wife have always been super nice everytime we've seen them.

It was duhamel and his twit of a gf/wife that acted like their shit don't stink in most of my experience around the pits. I've never liked the guy and he's been washed up for years. Much like BBoz, all he can do is beat poor privateers in the ss and extreme class. And there, Zemke could have beaten him if he would've kept his focus for one more lap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts