Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man-o-man, I am having problems speeding up and slowing down.

Part of my problem is that I made a lot changes at one time. I added Galfer lines (rear too), a 40T sprocket, and I saturated the tire with gas a month ago on my first test ride (under tank pressure fitting blew off).

I now find that I am spinning the rear tire a lot and at low speeds I'm almost always locking up the rear wheel.

Anywho, can you glaze a tire with gas (I've scrubbed it twice), and/or do the Galfer lines really take that much feeling out of the rear brake, and/or does a 40T sprocket really give you that much more grunt (significant change I agree, but enough to spin the back)?

**I have 4k on the O.E. Dunlops

Any takers on this one?

TIA
Phil

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I would say that the 4K on the rear is key...

I got a great set of take offs that will completely cure your rear spinning tire problem if youre interested...

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Locking up the rear wheel at low speed means the slipper in your slipper clutch ain't workin' or you are using the rear brake when you should be using the front brake.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I'm with Hill and sw... :wink:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Andy said:
Has the temps dropped in your area lately?

That'll add to it.
It's colder f'sho, but it was 70 degrees out when I drove home from work this evening and I still was all over the road (of course I was driving a little crazy too). :lol:

And the trans has been butter ever since I pulled the clutch plates and cleaned/soaked them.

http://www.circusnuts.com/zx10_mess_2.jpg

Let me snap a few pic's of the tires and post. They don't look low.

**Appreciate the take-off's Hill, but BNinja says the new Micheline on the MV are the bomb so I think I'll try a set of them when it comes time.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
circusnuts said:
It's colder f'sho, but it was 70 degrees out when I drove home from work this evening and I still was all over the road (of course I was driving a little crazy too). :lol:

And the trans has been butter ever since I pulled the clutch plates and cleaned/soaked them.

http://www.circusnuts.com/zx10_mess_2.jpg

Let me snap a few pic's of the tires and post. They don't look low.

**Appreciate the take-off's Hill, but BNinja says the new Micheline on the MV are the bomb so I think I'll try a set of them when it comes time.
ITs time!

because theres so much riding on your tires!

I would limit tires to a maximum of 2K...street track or whatever...

you dont want to be a victim of bad tires! Good tires are much better than insurance!! :1848:

I dont care where you get em or what you get, but your baby needs new shoes!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
ITs time!

because theres so much riding on your tires!

I would limit tires to a maximum of 2K...street track or whatever...

you dont want to be a victim of bad tires! Good tires are much better than insurance!! :1848:

I dont care where you get em or what you get, but your baby needs new shoes!
I agree. I don't care about tire mileage really... As long as the perform and handle well I don't care if they are worn into the bars at 2k miles. Good point, Hill.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The gasoline soak of the rear tire probably is a contributing factor and washing them with soap and water probably only removed more of the essential elements that make up a modern tire compound. The original Dunlops never had the grip to match other tires and now yours are probably like 4 or 5 year old tires. Regardless of the actual mileage. The change to the s/s brake lines and the sprocket change are not the issue. Get rid of those tires before they cost you a whole lot more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts