Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to get an akra slip on dual pipes or two bros slip on..... the only thing is is that i wont be getting a PC3..... i had an 06 gsxr750 and had a slip on with that and the bike seemed to not perform well and things with the motor went from perfect to not but once i got a PC3 it seemed to fix the problems...... sooooo my question is if i put on a slip-on on my 06 zx-10r will i experience the same problems not having the PC3? thanks

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
why not get all you can outta your bike? get the PC...u can run it without the PC but think of how much better it will run..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why not get all you can outta your bike? get the PC...u can run it without the PC but think of how much better it will run..
lol i would love to but im a broke ass college student and dont have much to throw around to put in my bike..... i might go with the A&R Baffles cause they are cheap and seem to get hp and tq and sound but idk i just dont want to get a slip-on and then my bike starts to mess up cause i dont have a PC

·
Registered
648 Posts
ok i want to get an akra slip on dual pipes or two bros slip on..... the only thing is is that i wont be getting a PC3..... i had an 06 gsxr750 and had a slip on with that and the bike seemed to not perform well and things with the motor went from perfect to not but once i got a PC3 it seemed to fix the problems...... sooooo my question is if i put on a slip-on on my 06 zx-10r will i experience the same problems not having the PC3? thanks
No, you don't need a PC with a slip-on. And that makes no sense that you had problems out of your 750 with just a slip-on? I had a half system (little more then just a slip-on) on my '06 750 with no PC and it ran great!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, you don't need a PC with a slip-on. And that makes no sense that you had problems out of your 750 with just a slip-on? I had a half system (little more then just a slip-on) on my '06 750 with no PC and it ran great!
idk the guy i bought it from had the 2 bros carbon m2 shorty? i took that crap off cause everyone that saw it said that exhaust was horribly made so then i put the yoshi r-55 on and seemed to help a lil then i sold my left leg and got a pc3 and it fixed my sputtering/loss of power band issue...... but slip-ons are just for looks and sound? so the A&R baffles should just do the job?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have a set of Yoshi TRC slip-ons on my 06.
I didn't go the pc way either.
Bike sounds tits,runs better than stock I believe quicker response.
You notice the crackling and popping on the decel,but the stocker pipes did it also on the 500 mile break-in.Thats what the pc would eliminate.
As far as getting more power out of a pc,well it's fast enough for me as is,I'll save myself the extra $300 on a pc and buy some more cosmetic mods.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The search button is your friend.
Man I smacked my screen like 4 times due to your signature, HAHA thats pretty cool.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You notice the crackling and popping on the decel,but the stocker pipes did it also on the 500 mile break-in.Thats what the pc would eliminate.
As far as getting more power out of a pc,well it's fast enough for me as is,I'll save myself the extra $300 on a pc and buy some more cosmetic mods.
so i have heard that the A&R baffles do about the same thing as slip-on exhausts? and they are only 90 bucks

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
You do not need to get a PC3 installed if you are ONLY installing a slip on. However, you will need to get it a PC3 and get it tuned if you plan to install an aftermarket air filter. Reason being is it allows a ton more air flow compared to stock air filter which restricts alot of air thus making your bike run lean (more air then fuel). This will ruin you're engine in the long run costing you $$$.

·
Registered
335 Posts
:iamwithst I have the carbon Akra. slip ons with no PC. The bike seems fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You do not need to get a PC3 installed if you are ONLY installing a slip on. However, you will need to get it a PC3 and get it tuned if you plan to install an aftermarket air filter. Reason being is it allows a ton more air flow compared to stock air filter which restricts alot of air thus making your bike run lean (more air then fuel). This will ruin you're engine in the long run costing you $$$.
that may have been the reason because the bike did have a BMC air filter...... thanks for the input..... but does anyone have the A&R baffles? are they a good buy if im basically looking for sound?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no one has used the baffles?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
where do you go to school.....and how the hell are you affording a bike....i am also a poor college student hahaha

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had the carbon Akra slipons on my 06 without the PC and the bike was a blast!
It was putting out more HP on the dyno then a 06 with a single Yoshi with PC.

I had a 04 and a 06 and now a 08 zx10r, all with Akra slipons and all without a PC and they all run great.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Snake Eye....

What part of the Netherlands are you from?
I was born in Enschede,moved stateside when I was 2yrs old.
Have returned several times and visited relatives thoughout the Netherlands.
Arnhem,Amsterdam,The Hague,"Love the country",I was stationed in Stuttgart Germany for 2 yrs with the Army way back in the day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where do you go to school.....and how the hell are you affording a bike....i am also a poor college student hahaha
USF and i really dont know but i get by lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
What part of the Netherlands are you from?
I was born in Enschede,moved stateside when I was 2yrs old.
Have returned several times and visited relatives thoughout the Netherlands.
Arnhem,Amsterdam,The Hague,"Love the country",I was stationed in Stuttgart Germany for 2 yrs with the Army way back in the day.
Live about 20 km from Arnhem.
Glad you liked Dutchyland mate, cheers!
:eek:ccasion1

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
im running an akra full exhaust with stock filter and no pc cuz i am also a broke college student the bike runs great but am i hurting anything?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts