Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
what kind of bike, cause if its a 08/09 zx10r slip on that doesnt get rid of your pre muffler box on the bottom or as most know of it as ,the "boom box" you will lose hp over the stock can. So if you get a slip on thats fine in the break in period just make sure you dont get a shity slip on that doesnt remove your pre muffler box cause if you do, you basically just wasted money for sound and lost the performance aspect of things. Its a proven fact in tests and on a dyno that I have stood nexted to that the stock can is better then any slip on that doesnt remove the pre muffler box, even arka!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I did a LOR before 600 miles. But changed out to a full system after 3K. I rode it like I stole it when it was new.

·
Gen3
824 Posts
Just get out and ride that thing. By the time you order it and the time it takes for shipping you will be good. But i dont think it would really hurt anything if you did it before 1k.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Save up and get a full exhaust.
Yes do that, I beat a few members on this site with just my slip on and NO PCIII against their FULL EXHAUST AND PCIII on the street and drag strip. :rolleyes:

back on topic I think I installed my slip-on around 600mi but don't remember exactly.

bloo

·
Registered
648 Posts
OK to do or no your screwed...??
It's perfectly fine to do any kind of pipe mods you want even before taken it off the showroom floor. The only thing you need to be concerned with as far as a new bike goes with break in is your rpm's. I suggest following the manual up to the first oil change. After that, twist the crap outta it!

Also, if this will ease your mind... When i bought my Ducati 1098 brand new, i had the dealership install my full termi pipes and kit ecu chip before i even got to see the actual bike in person!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine has 400 miles ... slip on, no cat, no secondaries, custom tuned PC3.

Make sure you break it in properly at the drag strip after you do your mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts