Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Very simply if you see the diameter of the bolt that holds that little piece on, you can see that thing snapping off within a millisecond of it touching the ground rendering it's effectiveness zero. Cheap is as cheap does.

Go with Champs no cut. I just installed mine and it took me all of 20 minutes for both sides.

see here. http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26641
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt going to buy them... I just wanted to see if anyone had. I figured if someone got burned by them, this would be a good chance to speak up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Love that Red 10 you got there Kelly. Sharp. Not as nice as my Ti or course (lol) but sharp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Far western suburb of Detroit. Oakland County. I live about 30 miles from downtown Detroit (thankfully).

Hey you headed to Mid-Ohio in Sept?

I'm going the 26th. Can't wait.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
Otis said:
Far western suburb of Detroit. Oakland County. I live about 30 miles from downtown Detroit (thankfully).

Hey you headed to Mid-Ohio in Sept?

I'm going the 26th. Can't wait.
Naw I am racing the w/e before in Illinois but have a great time. Have yah ever headed over to Putnam, Gingerman or Grattan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Not Gingerman or Putman yet. Grattan 3 times now. I've been riding sportbikes for 18 years and motorcycles for 30 but just got on the track for the 1st time this year. Damned if I wish I hadn't did it a looong time ago. Man I was hooked my 1st time at Grattan on my big ZX-12R so I went out and bought the 10. Glad I did too man, I love this bike. i took the 12 out last Sunday for the 1st time since buying the 10 last month and it feels like riding a Goldwing or something compared to the 10. LOL

I'm doing Mid-Ohio this month and then I may try to get one more day in before the end of the year. Next year I'll be doing at least 10-15 days. I want to get to Road America, Putnam, Grattan, Mid-Ohio, and Autobahn, maybe Gingerman but I've heard it's not the best around. Grattan is just a blast and last time out, the 1st time on the 10 for me, we ran it counterclockwise, that was awesome.

Fortunately, my wife and kids are great about my track days and loves to come along with me.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
Otis said:
Not Gingerman or Putman yet. Grattan 3 times now. I've been riding sportbikes for 18 years and motorcycles for 30 but just got on the track for the 1st time this year. Damned if I wish I hadn't did it a looong time ago. Man I was hooked my 1st time at Grattan on my big ZX-12R so I went out and bought the 10. Glad I did too man, I love this bike. i took the 12 out last Sunday for the 1st time since buying the 10 last month and it feels like riding a Goldwing or something compared to the 10. LOL

I'm doing Mid-Ohio this month and then I may try to get one more day in before the end of the year. Next year I'll be doing at least 10-15 days. I want to get to Road America, Putnam, Grattan, Mid-Ohio, and Autobahn, maybe Gingerman but I've heard it's not the best around. Grattan is just a blast and last time out, the 1st time on the 10 for me, we ran it counterclockwise, that was awesome.

Fortunately, my wife and kids are great about my track days and loves to come along with me.
Cool man, yeah putnam is awesome, grattan is a blast. Road America is well road america so great times on the 10 up there. Autobahn is ok but the south track has a few bumpy spots but I guess the north track is better. Gingerman is crazy bumpy and seams and stuff but after having raced 4 races there I kinda liked it a bit. Mid-America in Iowa although a far drive is the best track layout I have been on but a tad bumpy but awesome nonetheless.

Then Heartland Park in topeka Kansas is fun although a bit dangerous as well as Blackhawk Farms in Illinois which is a great flowing track but a bit on the unsafe side but what tracks in the US are safe? lol

Let me know when and where you do your next trackday. If I am not racing maybe I will meet yah at one.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
That would be great, I'll certainly let you know when I get some more dates lined up, whether it be this year or next.

I'm always looking for someone to show me the fast way around and give me pointers and critique. I really want to get better and I know I can't do it without good solid guidence and advice. 1st time out at Grattan on the 12R I ran 1:38.5 best time, on the 10R last time out, counterclockwise I ran a 1:33.5 best time. I need work on my body positioning and getting far enough off the bike. I'm a tall fella at 6'4" so it's a bit awkward for me slinging myself off, I'm getting better but have a ways to go.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
Otis said:
That would be great, I'll certainly let you know when I get some more dates lined up, whether it be this year or next.

I'm always looking for someone to show me the fast way around and give me pointers and critique. I really want to get better and I know I can't do it without good solid guidence and advice. 1st time out at Grattan on the 12R I ran 1:38.5 best time, on the 10R last time out, counterclockwise I ran a 1:33.5 best time. I need work on my body positioning and getting far enough off the bike. I'm a tall fella at 6'4" so it's a bit awkward for me slinging myself off, I'm getting better but have a ways to go.
cool that would be great, if yah want to ride with a good bunch of guys in the Mid-West sign up for a NESBA trackday and get one of the instructors to ride with yah. Great group and very knowledgeable as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Looks like their setup is similar to STT. They go to different tracks though. I think I'll join both next year.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
Otis said:
Looks like their setup is similar to STT. They go to different tracks though. I think I'll join both next year.
Yes there's is similar but for a rider who has done a few trackdays they are IMHO much better than STT although STT is fine. I just prefer NESBA and there riders as most are ex-racers and a few ex-ama guys. Also there instruction and control riders are better in that they help you more one on one if yah so ask. there website www.nesba.com
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top