Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few question, what will be the pros and cons of using a slashcut?. Besides the noise and also would you suggest to remove or leave the butterfly on the exhaust?.

Thanks any input is greatly appriciated!:thumbsup:

Scarface

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
First thing is your going to lose some hp and torque due to the lack of back pressure on top of your bike running super super rich if you dont get it tuned!! I'd say to you your better off getting an exhaust with a mid-pipe or your going to sounded like a bottle rocket when your off the throttle!! You will need a bazzaz or pc for this type of exhaust along with a custom map/tune!!!

But if your going for the squid straight pipe just so your bike can be loud as hell go for it...
Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Pro:
Looks pretty good
great weight loss
sounds so loud that you'll get noticed

Con:
turns your jeans black from the soot
loss hp/torque
500 bucks for a piece of 20 dollar metal

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Pro:
Looks pretty good
great weight loss

Con:
turns your jeans black from the soot
loss hp/torque
500 bucks for a piece of 20 dollar metal

LOL!:thumbsup:

·
5,932 Posts
LOL, that's great buddy!!! Yeah if your going with a straight pipe be sure to hit up a pepboys before you let roaring toyz take your money for 350+ dollars HAHAHAHA

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Autozone sells muffler tips for 30.00.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot, would it be the same for a growler or a Lors. Like loss of Hp I kinda go for short pipe. But I would drop it if will somehow the performance will sacrifice a lot.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
No the growlers and LOR's has some shape or form of back pressure. I believe some say they have gained anywhere 4-7 hp with those pipes.

·
5,932 Posts
I have a buddy with a 08 zx10r with custom headers/cats gone with area p 10.5" can and 2.5" core...That thing pulled 5-6hp more vs. the stock system with out a pc and custom map. Now after he got a hole 8-9hp out of it with a pc/air filter/full system...I doubt that is due able with any slash cut in less theres a name on the side saying "BROCKS"

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I have a 3rd gen, with a slashcut...and left the boombox on. No problems and it's not TOO loud...loud enough to let people know I'm there...but not loud enough for the cops to mess with me. Also, the butt dyno reads NO loss in HP...so...

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
First thing is your going to lose some hp and torque due to the lack of back pressure on top of your bike running super super rich if you dont get it tuned!! I'd say to you your better off getting an exhaust with a mid-pipe or your going to sounded like a bottle rocket when your off the throttle!! You will need a bazzaz or pc for this type of exhaust along with a custom map/tune!!!

But if your going for the squid straight pipe just so your bike can be loud as hell go for it...
Just my .02 cents
:spit::+1:i owned an area-p slashcut and totally felt a loss in power, id guess 5hp. i believe custom map or not, youll lose the hp. the noise is really annoying after a while too. i ended up getting a more classier and respected pipe, the akra carbon hex and loved the hell out of it until i turbo'd the bitch. now shes about as loud as the slashcut :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts