Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
This is very sad to hear. When I saw he had posted something I always read it because you were going to learn something. He will be greatly missed but his family will miss him the most. Below is his comment when I posted I had a wreck several weeks ago. I wish I had met him in person. Skydork 'Whoa. Glad you're still around to post this up! The alternative would not be good at all. Happy to hear you're not too hurt!! '.

· Registered
In Memory of SkyDork 11.28.2021
225 Posts
Guys we have set up a gofundme for Skydorks family. There will be more details to come but here is the fund if you would like to contribute. I know Skydork provided a lot of help to a lot of folks here so here is your chance to show your appreciation.

I didn't have a GoFundMe Account and created one just for Jeff.

My concern is, I have to input my Debit or Credit Card Number. I did not see a PayPal option and do not know how to use Google Pay.

Advice, suggestions?

· Registered
39 Posts
Man I don't know what to say. This news has hit me kind of hard...This might be a little fricken wordy but for my brother Jeff it's not even enough. I met Jeff about 6 months ago on this forum. I had posted a promo for a set of wheels. You will have to forgive me but in this moment I would like to think of him in the present tense. So I make a post.. You know Jeff he has a great inquisitive mind. He loves to learn and he is humble, down to earth kind of guy. Even if he knows you are full of shit he is always kind enough to break it to you gently. So it didn't take him long to hit me with a myriad of intelligent questions. We go back and he is a little skeptical like any smart person should be. I email him back and forth and they are like mini novels, like two geeks, egg heading it out on everything motorcycle....be Ceramic Bearings vs Steel or 520 chain lowering reciprocating mass Jeff is always there to dig in with you. The beauty of Jeff is he doesn't want horde all the little secrets he finds he instead eloquently passes them on in common tongue to fools like you and I....So after all this back and forth... I want you to all know the Jeff was my first customer since I took over Titax. He the guts to give me a shot and have faith in us...It was through general conversation that we got to know each other and for him to trust in me.. You know it was funny. I wanted to get him his wheels asap...I wanted to impress Jeff to get a good review because I asked him to be honest.. So I wanted a great review from this crazy motorcycle nerd who post like crazy on this forum....But of course as things go we were about 10 days late on our delivery....No big deal to Jeff, super kind and patient. So I am waiting for feed back and he emails me...I have problems!!!!! I'm like Fuuu!#[email protected]!!! To make it even worse!!!! He couldn't get the front bolts to thread into our wheels...Im like Fuu&^%!!!! This guy is gonna roast us on the forum. He had bloodied he knuckles and he didn't have a torx bit....Man I was going crazy!!!! I should've have not worried, I SHOULD NOT HAVE WORRIED!!! This dude is solid...we are going back and forth on the Root Cause Analysis...lol...We end up having to run the threads with a tap all the way through to clean out some powder coat flash...Meantime it's summer in Florida...He is in his garage sweating his balls off bleeding!!! Of course I offered to send a other set but Jeff won't have it because he is a big hearted dude and he didn't want to put us out for shipping..and in his eyes problem solved. He is always hammering me to post mods I was doing to my bike or to keep the Titax Thread going. I had just sent him some special parts to make up for our bad first impression 2 months ago and some stickers last month. I had asked him to do me a solid. I said you are so good on the forum I want you to be the first to post on our magazine test as well as break cover on our new H2 set.. He didn't even bat and eye. He was stoked and thankful I asked....I really looked forward to meeting him one day a Moto GP event in Austin...or maybe Daytona. I am crushed man. So in his honor I would like to ask everyone post a detailed factual review like Jeff would do..no short sentences...complete thoughts and always be patient with people who know less than you.. Even if you are way smarter you don't have to dominate the room...Think of Jeff. I will also post more articles on this forum for my friend, my Brother Jeff. Skydork2K-))....I will also post his last email to me. I can't read it at this moment but I am grateful to have some of his time 🙏 and the effect he had on me. God Bless to him and his family.

· Registered
39 Posts
Dave! Great to hear from the Northwest part of the country! I hope you're well, enjoying the scenery out there, and got your turkey defrosting already! It's been a while since we spoke.

Yeah, you had mentioned the weight reduction on the latest round of wheels. And also sent me some preview pics of the single-sided H2 wheels that were being machined. Never saw the end result of those though. And I've been randomly doing internet searches to see if I could find any of Chris Ulrich's review of the wheels he's got. I know it was probably fruitless of me, but I was interested in reading that and worried I might have missed something about it. Sounds like the culprit on that is more the timing with the season closing down for winter. Oh well. I'm at least glad I didn't miss anything on it. ;)

I'm on that forum too damn much. I'm always trying to help direct people in the right direction when troubleshooting problems and injecting a little bit of sarcastic humor in the discussion. It doesn't give me enough time to do much research on the different parts for my bike. Like the Discacciati brakes and stuff. I've heard of that company and a lot of people do rave about them. That's not a real popular vendor over here in the States, so they aren't well known or out in the market. I think that limits the amount of info available to most people and that's why they aren't more readily available. I think I looked into some of their products years ago when I had my last Gen 4. I haven't looked into them recently and the products they offer now. I've been a fan of the wave rotors even
And of course, full floating is the advantage there. I'm always amazed at people who don't understand that noise and what it's from and don't like it. Those are the same people who tell the guy on the Ducati next to them that there is a problem with their engine because it rattles. They don't know about dry clutches and full floaters. Those things are both pretty cool though! Now I've got something to occupy some of my free time this weekend looking into that stuff. Once I log off of the .Net site. 😂😋 Posting up all the info over there for all the members on the Discacciati stuff would be a great way to get the forum active and get your post count up there! 😉😂

Stay safe and warm out there

One of my last letters from Jeffy...My brother in all things Motorcycles. This email summs him up pretty well. Makes me tear up reading it...I will see if I find more of our discussions to share with you.. Truly, truly saddened. Man I'm gonna miss talking forever on shit no one cares about but people who really love the cause and effect..root cause.... Not many dudes go as deep as he liked to go so we were a perfect pair...counting grams, and talking World Superbike....Dude! WTF! Miss you Jeff! Thank You, Thank You!!
Dave Sitra
Titax North America

· Registered
2004 ZX10R (Sold) 2017 MV Agusta F3 (Sold) 2013 HP4 Competition, 2021 S1000 RR M Sport
318 Posts
I never expected this.. just woke up here in Scotland and doing my usual brush up and browse on my emails and sites..

This is tragic news, I'm not on here a lot now as I sold my Gen 1 earlier this year but keep my hand in with the occasional post.... what a tragedy for Jeff and his family...I'm truly sorry to hear this, he was a stalwart contributor on here, I'll charge my glass with a quality Malt tonight in memory of Jeff..

Rest in peace brother from Scotland..

Slàinte Mhath...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

· Registered
20 Posts
View attachment 449491
hey folks,
I know Skydork(Jeff) was very active here. This past Sunday at around 10am on our normal weekend ride, he was involved in a motorcycle accident and passed away as a result of his injuries. At the time of his passing, he was doing what he enjoyed and was surrounded by friends.

Jeff leaves behind a wife and 2 young daughters, brother, mother, in addition to other family and friends who cared deeply for him.

I am so sorry for having to post this,
Andy

Sky memorial fund link.

Memorial service details.

View attachment 449491
hey folks,
I know Skydork(Jeff) was very active here. This past Sunday at around 10am on our normal weekend ride, he was involved in a motorcycle accident and passed away as a result of his injuries. At the time of his passing, he was doing what he enjoyed and was surrounded by friends.

Jeff leaves behind a wife and 2 young daughters, brother, mother, in addition to other family and friends who cared deeply for him.

I am so sorry for having to post this,
Andy

Sky memorial fund link.

Memorial service details.

My heartfelt condolences 😔🙏🏻... I feel so sad after reading this. He use to always reply on my posts and messages, though we never met and never knew about each other personally. But this news is very sad. I feel like i have lost a good friend. My prayers with him and his family all the way from India. May his soul rest in peace 🙏🏻.

· OMG Look at that squid!!
2,605 Posts
Oh my... This is terrible. May he Rest In Peace. I hope his family can cope and find their way forward.

To say that Jeff and I exchanged banter and info over the years is an understatement. I've been on this forum since it's inception and Jeff was far and above the most active, humble and real person here.

One last thing... I only recently changed my signature line to "Don't wait until it's too late". We get one ride around this life and you have to live it, love it and surround yourself with people of character and depth. Jeff was obviously one of those people.

· Registered
841 Posts
I no longer have my bike, but still call back in here from time to time and was deeply shocked to learn of Sky Dork's accident. I really found it hard to believe at first, but unfortunately it slowly sank in that he really was no longer with us, such a great and selfless contributor to the forum, never getting impatient and always willing to help anyone with problems. He will be difficult, if not impossible to replace , but his memory will live on

The comments here say it all, he was an example to us all and will be sorely missed . RIP Sky Dork

· Registered
500 Posts
WOW! Just WOW! Man @SkyDork has helped me out so many times with his knowledge about these bikes. Never met him in real life but I know he was a great guy! Sad to hear of his passing. RIP @SkyDork

Reactions: Southwest_Ninja

· Registered
132 Posts
Wow what to say. Just last week we were busting balls about getting a hard to reach bolt out of the aim mxk10 for a forum member. If you know this bolt and unit it's a complete pain in the ass.....Jeff beat me by alot. This also comes at a hard time as I just lost one of my personal best friends as well. Jeff was a amazing help Everytime I had a question he would instantly chime into my threads. I even almost direct messaged him a few weeks ago to get his opinion on if a part was snake oil because I knew no matter what he was a straight shooter. I suspect this transferred over to the motorcycle world from his life and not the other way around. Hell, the way he carried himself through a forum makes me feel like I have lost another great person and friend even though we didn't know each other personally. It sucks, this is a dangerous game we play and he has left this world and a great family too soon. It's a shame I won't be able to bust balls with him in the future about always being the first one to post on my "help me unfuck myself" threads I've had in the past. It's too soon but I pray for his family during these trying times. It never gets easier. This forum is full of great people and sometimes we need to just embrace our knowledge and love for these damn engines attached to wheels we take to unsafe speeds at times. I've ranted enough but Jeff aka Skydork you will always be remembered through vast amounts of knowledge you've brought to the community. RIP

· Registered
2,630 Posts
We're not far off a thousand dollars, that would be quite something for the guy. Most of us didn't even know his name, just respected and appreciated Skydork.

· Registered
105 Posts
We're not far off a thousand dollars, that would be quite something for the guy. Most of us didn't even know his name, just respected and appreciated Skydork.
Should I expect a receipt of sorts? I'm not sure my donation went through to completion and I accidentally closed the tab. Might need to redo...

· Chairman of the Board
16,183 Posts

I want to again thank ALL who have donated!! We are nearly double the $500.00 goal and I would LOVE for us to get to $1000.00. That would be a GREAT way for us to show Jeffs family how much he meant to all of us and also show our appreciation for all he has done here.

· Registered
1,324 Posts
The man's avatar alone was a welcome and familiar sight to the web page every time it was pulled from my bookmarks. It's almost surreal to acknowledge that his daily postings will no longer be seen... That is how fundamental this member was to a community that reveled in his incredible knowledge. My personal contact online with him was very minimal, but I had grown to know him in a personal way due to his prolific postings that enlightened and entertained us for so long. I feel selfish thinking of how this site will be slightly diminished with his passing, yet I can't fathom how crushed his family must be for such a loss, and at such a family-important time of year. I'm truly, utterly brought to tears, and I hope that his family can find some solace and comfort in knowing that his love and passion for life and good will touched so many. Stay well, my friends..

61 - 80 of 118 Posts