Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to get the large, classic font, 'Ninja' side decal that's on the side of the 4th gen ZX10RR's made. Want it in like yellow or gold. I was wondering if anyone could give me the dimensions of that decal. I'll include a pic so you know which one I'm talking about. Also, if anyone knows any places or websites that make or sell them, I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Uhm....yellow or gold? You lost me there. Gold on bikes went out in the late '90s. 🤢🤮🤮🥴

That decal is not one piece. It's actually 3 pieces. It spans the upper and lower fairings and the vent opening in the lower. You have to order 3 separate parts from Kawasaki to get that for just one side.

The easier way to go on that would just be to measure your fairing section for the length and width of the same area. Get a single decal made and then trim it up yourself. It will be difficult to get it to lay flat and line up that way though and work with that large of a piece of vinyl. And get green or white vinyl.

There was a member on here named Blink. He did a lot of custom vinyl work for the members on here. He did good work and would do whatever you wanted. I've gotten some things from him in the past, but haven't seen him on the site in awhile. You can try sending him a PM to see if he responds that way and what he can do for you.

Reactions: 07_ZX10R

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I appreciate. I'll try him out. I have applied vinyls in the past, it can be tricky. I was thinking of a yellowish goldish color with a white outline if possible. Not that bling gold metallic. I figured I could just get the one large piece. Lay it on, mark where I'll cut, and apply the separate pieces.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Drew up something like this last night. Just for reference.
Ok, ok. That yellow works! If it's a bright, fluorescent type yellow then great. Gold or pastel colored yellow had me worried. Yes, that looks like it would be nice and if you've worked with vinyl before and it should come out just like that picture. Post the finished product when you get it done.

Reactions: 07_ZX10R

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, will do. If I can just get someone to make them. Lol. Trying to do something a lil different from the local ZX10Rs I've seen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to just take measurements on my bike based on the picture. I might have found someone local to make them. Probably get the wheels powder coated locally too. I messaged Blink but saw he hasn't had activity here in like 11 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts