• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Is to late to suggest something linked to Jonathon Rea twice & possibly the first three times World Super Bike champion & also on the same bike...ZX10R if not mascot can we honiur him in someway we may even get him on here.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Kinda makes me sad too.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Kinda makes me sad too.
Its odd isn't it? I have been perplexed about this for a while. I mean are people just less likely to get involved with things now days? I have been shocked when we do giveaways. Thread after thread of actual NICE prizes with virtually nothing to do but post a pic or guess a number to enter and we may get 15 or 20 entries. There are 150,000 plus members and 15 entries!?!?!? Wtf? What gives with people? We still have a ton of great peeps and many of them I text, talk to or email with on a daily basis but it could be so much better with just a tad of willingness....
:heyyou:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Only 19 voters so far..... hard to believe some years ago we would have by now a couple of hundreds. :sad:
Kinda makes me sad too.
I'm kinda leaning with it being in the times we are in. 10 years ago we didn't have all the things to distract us like we do today. That may not be it in itself but I think it's a contributing factor.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Oh well.. for what it's worth....I truly do enjoy spending time with you guys here:grin2:.. The local forum where I'm at is dead..riders join MC, squid groups some just quit..
I'm excited to get the next mascot traveling and the adventures awaiting him ..>:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Its odd isn't it? I have been perplexed about this for a while. I mean are people just less likely to get involved with things now days? I have been shocked when we do giveaways. Thread after thread of actual NICE prizes with virtually nothing to do but post a pic or guess a number to enter and we may get 15 or 20 entries. There are 150,000 plus members and 15 entries!?!?!? Wtf? What gives with people? We still have a ton of great peeps and many of them I text, talk to or email with on a daily basis but it could be so much better with just a tad of willingness....
I've seen activity on my local forum drop off, too. Someone started a FB page for Ottawa Riders and I think a lot of newbies look to FB first.

Voted BTW. Wish I had Zilla on my trip to Paris last summer. Didn't even think about it.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm kinda leaning with it being in the times we are in. 10 years ago we didn't have all the things to distract us like we do today. That may not be it in itself but I think it's a contributing factor.
That's a good thought. We have InstaFaceTwit to compete with.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
That's a good thought. We have InstaFaceTwit to compete with.
Well whatever it is I'm old school, don't do the InstaTwitFace or whatever. I don't got enough time for all of that. I figure if it's important enough I'll get a text or *gasp* a call from an actual person.

Going to keep bumping this thread until it's poll time closes. :bump:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm only recently active here, but will gladly give a vote if wanted. From what I read the poll is in this thread? I'm still getting used to using tapatalk and am not seeing any poll options, any help? Thanks in advance!-Steven

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
🙁 bump yall

·
Chairman of the Board
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well whatever it is I'm old school, don't do the InstaTwitFace or whatever. I don't got enough time for all of that. I figure if it's important enough I'll get a text or *gasp* a call from an actual person.

I'm pretty much the same. I don't do any social media.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts

I don't use them either. I had facebook, twitter and bunch of other ones till about six years ago. I read some research studies that made me get rid of all of them. There was more negative than positive information. They reduce productivity, cause interpersonal communication problems (people have problems with face to face communication), create relationship problems, people spend less real time with others...etc etc. People are not living in reality anymore, instead virtual reality. Every time my wife and I go to a restaurant, amusement park or just a walk down the street every one is head down looking at their phone updating their status or something.

Everyone just does it and social media is now what the majority of people use to communicate with and "meet" on to share their lives. The truth is they are a huge waste of time and do not provide any real means of social interaction. In my psychology undergraduate and graduate courses I have learned how social media sites stimulate gratification and reward centers in the brain. That is what keeps people using them. Being social media is huge business, psychologist are hired by the sites to help them develop ways to keep people using them.

Anyway, I digress..... VOTE FOR NINJA GUMBY

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
:iamwithstupid: It sure needs a lot of motivation to keep on going.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.