• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is sad news indeed. Member Duhastme sent me this pm about site mascot Tenzilla last night...

This is about tenzilla and another forum remember. I live in the area by Misleadb4, so I volunteered to stop by the gentleman's house to see what the situation was. Turns out he passed away about a year ago, in a motorcycle accident.

Here is a link to a news article on it:Fort Myers motorcycle crash kills one - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

I am unsure how to present this information to fellow board memebers, if you would like i can make a RIP thread on it? Dont want to offend anyone, also it was a good bit ago.

As well how to inform the thread on tenzilla not coming back, and if i could volunteer to replace the item?

Any help or input is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

This thread has been posted for discussion on what to do about a site mascot. Do we want another or do we just want to let it go? If we get another what do we want?

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys if you are interested in continuing this tradition then please speak up with your ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I think its a good a fun thing for sure, although i have not participated i have enjoyed seeing Mem's post pics of whatever stuffed animal in that mem's local surroundings and what not. I agree that Zilla stays there, just no good reasons to try to get him back and it would be a bit disrespectful to consider it i think. Would it not also feel weird to get another Zilla, even if it was different? I mean, we've had a Donkie and a giant lizzard - maybe it would be appropriate to switch it up at this moment in time?? Dont know what and dont really care - it could be a green M&M guy for all i care but i think we do need something that speaks more to what we do/what we ride/motorcycling but im unsure what that would be (probly not Mr. Gr. M&M guy lol). Some of you guys are pretty clever and i have faith.
....Hmmmmmmm our horns do kinda sound like Roadrunner and he's fast too!! Meep Meep!!

Who woulda thought this would be the way Zilla came to and end? Its a huge shame too that we couldnt have got on top of the loss of one of our forum members quicker but i completely understand how it happens.

R.I.P Misleadb4!!!!!

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Guys if you are interested in continuing this tradition then please speak up with your ideas. Thanks.
I think that it should go on. Maybe with or maybe not with TenZilla, but it should go on regardless. With all due respect to Mislead4, this should not be the end of the traveling mascot. I truly enjoyed Donkey and was glad he got to travel with Michi and I to Maui, I was glad to see a little something from the other members and got to share as well. I did not know Jeffery but would think that he would want the show to go on, I know I would. Maybe someone who did know him will post here.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Capncalyx mentioned the Road Runner. The Tasmanian Devil, Foghorn Leghorn, Ren, Stimpy, a minion. Throw some ideas out and lets see what we can come up with.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
I too would like the tradition to go on... Tenzilla did some damage when he was with me...>:).. As for the next mascot.. Green M&M and Toothless is on top of my list..

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
How about the "HULK" he's mean, green and angry.....like my gen.1 and always want to smash!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
never got to be involved with donkey or zilla but always like to look at their travels...toothless would be cool!:thumbsup:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
My condolences to the loss of a fellow rider :(

For a replacement for our Mascot, I think it is time we step it up finally.
This should come as no surprise to anyone for obvious reasons.

Attachments

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just throwing this one in. The dog from Despicable Me. I love Toothless tough and would be 100% fine with that.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.