Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, apparently I've got a serious sinus infection in my right maxillary sinus cavity which is the one under your eye. Every night I get gut wrenching headaches and there is nothing I can do to relieve the pain. Hell, I'm on two max strength hydrocodone every four hours and I might as well be eating tic tacs. But they do make me feel like there's not a care in the world. I guess that's a good side effect. Thursday I go in to have it cleaned out. I had this surgery in 2005. The recovery isn't so bad, but the follow up visits are a pain. They go in a pull junk out of your nose. Feels like they're taking pieces of your brain out. But.. That is nothing compared to these headaches.

So.... For the next couple of weeks I'll be off of work and visiting here more often. And I'm always scared of being put under. Anyone else ever had the surgery?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Been put under more times than most. LOL don't sweat it... it's when u wake up the hell will set in, so being under is the best part:badteeth:
G/L bud:thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
i had sinus surgery when i was 5 yrs old. my eye swelled out of it's socket. it looked as if i had a baseball where my eye was supposed to be! i don't remember it all too well, but i have had sinus problems all my life...it sucks... :-(

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had sinus surgery when i was 5 yrs old. my eye swelled out of it's socket. it looked as if i had a baseball where my eye was supposed to be! i don't remember it all too well, but i have had sinus problems all my life...it sucks... :-(
I've had it for years. Ironically I was stationed in Hawaii for years and never had any problems. You'd think you would given the year round vegetation. When I moved back to Texas in '98 I started having problems. I really think it's the pollution.

·
Registered
61 Posts
been there, had it done in 96. it feels funky as hell when they pull the rolled up gauze out of your sinus cavities

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have sinus problems and it was really bad this year. I know about the headaches. I thought about having something done like you this yr it was so bad but not a big fan of surgery of any type. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You'll do fine. My brother has to have similar surgery to cut out polyps about every 5 years or so (3 times so far). It's a royal PIA, but it's kinda like taking off tight shoes....you'll feel sooo much better. Heal quickly.:thumbsup:

Oh, ain't it INCREDIBLE how much shit can be shoved up your nose?

·
Registered
611 Posts
the pollen and pollution in the air are major factors.
i used to live in california, and i never got sick, and i am a sinus' suferer. moved back to ny and what happens!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You'll do fine. My brother has to have similar surgery to cut out polyps about every 5 years or so (3 times so far). It's a royal PIA, but it's kinda like taking off tight shoes....you'll feel sooo much better. Heal quickly.:thumbsup:

Oh, ain't it INCREDIBLE how much shit can be shoved up your nose?
Especially when that channel leads to a big empty space behind your eyeballs :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts