Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some information on setting up a decent baseline tune on a Muzzy single stage lock-up.

- Want to throw lever at the launch
- No wheelie bar bike
- Bike details: +12" 2004 zx10, lowered, geared, launch limiter, Drag Pack, stock motor, no nitrous, rider weight 170 lbs.

I need to know how much static spring pressure to use, how much lock-up weight per arm and what rpm you are leaving at.

I have spoke with Kevin at MTC and he doesn't have much information because most people get a set-up that works, and either 1.) never follow back up with him to give him insight as to what works or 2.) keep it top secret because they grudge race and don't want people to know there secrets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you ever get it sorted out? I have a stock engine with a slick and wheelie bar and so I basically had one of the guys that's just worked on the KZ's and got it dialed in. Let me know how it's working!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever get it sorted out? I have a stock engine with a slick and wheelie bar and so I basically had one of the guys that's just worked on the KZ's and got it dialed in. Let me know how it's working!
Ah, ya know, when I started running it at the beginning of the season, I was sorting out some other issues as well, so I don't think I gave it a fair shake, but since I had changed so much in the offseason, I actually pulled it off for the time being. I need to get the bike closer to a good set-up before throwing another variable into the mix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts