Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I reckon the best bet would be to see what hp the bike has that you want to use the swingarm from. If you get one from a 312RR I'm sure you be right.

I don't really understand your second question though. Are you asking what length the swingarm is and what will your wheelbase be?

There is a build thread on here somewhere showing a magnesium swingarm being installed on a Gen 1, very nice, one of the best looking mods I've ever seen, but not cheap. It might have the info you require in there?

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
The swing arm will be able to hold any power you need.
It is designed for a liter bike just like the stock swing arm on your zx10 is, so if the stock can take it, the single sided one from the MV will too.

Wheel base shouldnt change much, but check the build thread of the bike with one, i think he had some info on chain length.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've heard from some of the major bike magazine testers that single sided swing arms tend to flex and aren't as stable (obviously). Not the end of the world but is something to consider.

That being said they look pretty sick and it would be very unique having one on a 10. Please post pics if you end up biting the bullet and doing it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The swing arm will be able to hold any power you need.
It is designed for a liter bike just like the stock swing arm on your zx10 is, so if the stock can take it, the single sided one from the MV will too.

Wheel base shouldnt change much, but check the build thread of the bike with one, i think he had some info on chain length.
Far as it holding the horsepower, that's good to know but am wondering about the wheelbase since the zx10r are already an inch shorter than the other litre bikes (54.5in.). I think I'm going to go ahead with the build.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
If you search here, there was a member that has done this already. He recently sold the entire set up/bike, might be easier to find in the classifieds. Be prepared for a lot of machine work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you search here, there was a member that has done this already. He recently sold the entire set up/bike, might be easier to find in the classifieds. Be prepared for a lot of machine work.
I saw some guy leave u up his number who does machine work but when i called it the number was no longer in service. Is there anyone on here who can machine the part for the dog bone linkage on the swingarm?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a custom mount made for the bottom of the swingarm for reliability. I left the stock shock mount alone, but I used a shock with a remote reservoir to give me the clearance I need so the arm could move freely. Need a few more spacers made and adjustable links and the conversion will be done.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm interested to see the final product. Looks pretty unique. I like the color choice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts