Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 zx10 and just bought a race body with no headlight cutouts. i want to run 1 head light but i want high and low beam.. is this possible can it be done??? im mechanically inclined im sure i could figure it out. but before i attempt it i figured id get a walk threw if anyone knows? your help would be appreciated.

Save the thoughts and comments about 1 headlight. i want to put a number plate in place of the one i do not cut out... i like it i think its cool. my opinion

Thanks

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Only way I see of doing such a thing would be getting one of those headlights that has 2 filaments where one on is lo and both on is high...I don't see it any other way.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You can use half of a wrecked headlight from the same model, so you have the same curve....then you need to grind down a dual filament bulb holder tab to fit the single filament hole......then. rewire the highbeam switch to run the low and high beams....currently the switch only acts like a single pole,activating the high beam.It is still the same setup as the high/low on every other bike they have..
Then you need to scavenge a 3 prong bulb connector to make it look all nice and finished

Worked for me.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You can use half of a wrecked headlight from the same model, so you have the same curve....then you need to grind down a dual filament bulb holder tab to fit the single filament hole......then. rewire the highbeam switch to run the low and high beams....currently the switch only acts like a single pole,activating the high beam.It is still the same setup as the high/low on every other bike they have..
Then you need to scavenge a 3 prong bulb connector to make it look all nice and finished

Worked for me.

You wouldn't need to modify the switch, just add in a relay that will kill the low beam when the high beam is powered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys. Yeah I seen garths headlight setup. I'm not sure about it though... like how well it lights up. But instead of gettin a wrecked headlight I think I'm just gonna use the factorys. I love my 2nd gen and don't ever see losing or getting rid of it. Simply bc my opinion just like the first gens. Its the one of the only new bikes with "full fairings".... aka covers practically the dam motor. I was thinking also what about a zx14 head light. Just the one side. With the bigger headlight then seperate down lower the littler circlr light. High and low beam. And possibly no wiring comfiguration?? Not sure if the plugs are the same or not. Ill have to check bike bandit out on that idea. But keep the ideas comin guys any idea is possibly good. I just want a racy styled street legal badass monster 10

1 - 7 of 7 Posts