Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a single cylinder port for vacuum anywhere on the throttle bodies? the port for balancing the throttle bodies is to small in diameter and i don't think i want to drill it out. the atmospheric pressure ports are all linked together and i don't see any other ports.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm not sure what year model you have, but I was into my 08 this weekend and I didn't see any on my bike.

Not saying there isn't something, but I think I would have noticed.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have drilled the sync ports out its actually very easy to do the restrictor is only maybe 1/4" deep in the tube it doesnt go all the way to the throttlebodies at that small orifice size. What are you trying to use it for?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
i'm installing a flatshifter (clutchless up/down shifter) and the vacuum is used to give a throttle blip on the down shift.

www.flatshifter.com
does it create a vacuum leak or does it goes to an electric over air solenoid? just wondering if it could be teed into the other four without causing any issues. does it have a reservoir or something to hold vacuum? because you wont have vacuum at wot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i took so long getting back.
no vacuum leak, there is a solenoid. i drilled and tapped into the throttle body below the throttle plate. then put a fitting in. it is all working as planned.
also removed the secondary throttle plates while i was in there.
testing will take place oct 5-8 at watking glen ny. i'll post results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts