1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Great, future bullies.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hey Kids that age go to the Chinese Circus school. It's where Jackie Chan and the like came from. This type of stuff has been going on in Asia a long time.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Rad! Hopefully they use it for good not evil.
The kids aren't bruised and dad seems to speak
gently with them. Props!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I heard somewhere that pushing kids physical limits like this actually severely stunts their growth.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
I heard somewhere that pushing kids physical limits like this actually severely stunts their growth.
I've heard similar but I'd have to guess they're still gonna reach their genetic
height and perhaps (in the case of the boys) perhaps have better sexual/physical potential hormonally due to increased androgens.
I'm not an expert on anything tho, so.......

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I would be cautious about having them do weighted work outs since their bones are still soft and flexible. It looks like they only are only using their own weight. I haven't ever heard a doctor condem calisthenics. that is basicly what they are doing. It is very advanced but still calisthenics.

How old were the kids that get sent off to the the gymnastics training with Bella Corolli (or how every you spell his last name). In the last Olympics there was a girl on the Chinese team that was stripped of a bronze metal because we was underage. "international gymnastics officials who cleared China's team of age violations during the Beijing Games now say the country should return an Olympics bronze medal it won 10 years ago because one of its athletes was only 14 at the time" how many years and how early must you start training to be 3rd best in the world at age 14 in any athletics?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
So you think this is real.... WOW:spit:

So they started to train when they were 3 years old, now at the age of 5 they can do a flag pole and hand stand push-up's while keeping there balance... Alrighty then.

They are doing this easier than an Olympic gymnast...

You can develop flexibility as a kid but that kind of strength is not possible along with the muscle development...

I could do an L and a press into a hand stand and I can still do hand stand push-ups...

No way in hell a 5 year could develop the strenght to do that...

Any athelete who has trained will tell you the same...

Photo shop and camera tricks...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
it depends on how my wrists are turned. I can do inverted pushups if my palms are pointed toward each other like when doing dips. I can't if they are on front of me like on a chin up bar.

Have you see the documentary on the couple that were weight training there kid. They had him powerlifting. at age 11 he was benching 210 3x his body weight.
this his part 1 of 7 you can look up the rest if you like. I saw a show on TLC or something about him. The Dad said he started by taping coins to his wrist when he was born so he would be getting a work out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts