·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Good lookin rod you got there! :crackup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm still gathering parts for this build but I have the head back from porting at competition CNC, all 4 lightweight pistons, all 4 lightweight rods, and the factory shift kit. I just need to send the crank out for knife-edge/balance. The rotating and reciprocating masses will be significantly lighter!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just my humble 2 cent. We also degreed the Gen1 Kawasaki kit Race Intake cam on this bike several times and ended up at 105/102. We used the stock exhaust cam. We also installed the thin head gasket. We had a stock head. We originally tried the 107/104 route but were unimpressed. I know Garth ran the 107/104 with his motor but maybe the 107 works best with specific head work. Again, my head was stock. Excited to see Your final product.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just my humble 2 cent. We also degreed the Gen1 Kawasaki kit Race Intake cam on this bike several times and ended up at 105/102. We used the stock exhaust cam. We also installed the thin head gasket. We had a stock head. We originally tried the 107/104 route but were unimpressed. I know Garth ran the 107/104 with his motor but maybe the 107 works best with specific head work. Again, my head was stock. Excited to see Your final product.
I forgot to mention I'm going to run a G3 kit cam initially instead of the G1. I'm going to us an OEM thickness headgasket since these pistons are doing the work and having the thicker gasket will give me some extra margin of safety. I had the chambers cleaned up which should further push the CR down as well. Just waiting for my crank to come home and then I'll start building it up. If my match is correct these parts will have shaved almost 4lbs off of the rotating assembly.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If my match is correct these parts will have shaved almost 4lbs off of the rotating assembly.
4lbs ? From pistons and rods? I think it is not possible.
I quess that u could save 100gr from each rod and 40gr from each piston-pin.Thats around 600-700gr thats around 1.3-1.5lb. Is your crankshafton diet too?:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
4lbs ? From pistons and rods? I think it is not possible.
I quess that u could save 100gr from each rod and 40gr from each piston-pin.Thats around 600-700gr thats around 1.3-1.5lb. Is your crankshafton diet too?:grin2::grin2:
Yes. I'll post exact weights of everything during assembly. The assembled pistons are appreciably lighter than the OEM pistons as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
every aftermarket piston ive installed on a ten has a raised piston deck as part of the compression increase. so pth contact will occur with any thin hg. need to measure may even need a .030 as made by cometic instead of the stk .027 head gasket.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
every aftermarket piston ive installed on a ten has a raised piston deck as part of the compression increase. so pth contact will occur with any thin hg. need to measure may even need a .030 as made by cometic instead of the stk .027 head gasket.
Yes, I'd much rather run a thicker headgasket rather than deal with sealing issues. I'm having a little trouble setting the ring gap with these pistons since the pistons are gas ported. There's a ton of info an nuance out there regarding what you can get away with but if set up correctly the effort is worth a decent amount of power.

·
Registered
236 Posts
built motors with several web race grinds on intake all the way up to the 400 lift, also gen 1 race int, gen 3 race int. that gen 3 race int has made more power/torque than any, suggest degree around 111 with ur compression, tried this cam at lower settings, just did not work well. im at 111/108 with stk ex cam on stk pistons, .026 mill, .45mm hg. makes 115 hp at 7k, 193 at 13500. suggest professionally cleaning/flowing injectors, good tune, that bike is going to be more than a handful.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Good stuff GAZ. i love looking at other dudes dyno sheets...i start making the same power as my 636 ( about 113) around 6 or 7K RPM. Love it!

·
Registered
236 Posts
1 want to see 100+ at 7k on my street builds, if there, low/midrange is strong, if making 113 at 7k, that bike is fast, actually violent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone heard from this guy? I bought the Factory Pro stacks he was selling for a gen1 last week and haven’t heard from him since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts