Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'll start the bid with a half empty bottle of gatoraid, half tuna sammich with extra pickles, and some leftover spicy nachos doritos... yeah ?!

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice bike! I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it. GLWS!
Thanks! I hope not. It's kind of hard for me to actually want to sell this bike. On one hand I am like... it's good to have one for street and one for track. On the other hand being logical about it... I really do not need two of them and having extra cash to move into a new house is more rational. I can always find another Gen1 when the time is right.

I might pawn it like I did a while ago when I needed some cash. But if a good buyer comes along and has no problem giving me what I want for it I will go that route.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:angryfire:

Some guy texts me he'll give 5.5k for the bike. I go meet him an hour away and he says to me he just read about the generator problems gen1's have and he'll give me 3k for it cause it is going to cost him 2k to fix it. I told him that was for the 04's and there is nothing wrong with this one. What a tool...he couldn't bring his concerns up before I waste an hour of my time bringing the bike to him? I hate putting up stuff on CL.

What a time waster. :angryfire:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

Some guy texts me he'll give 5.5k for the bike. I go meet him an hour away and he says to me he just read about the generator problems gen1's have and he'll give me 3k for it cause it is going to cost him 2k to fix it. I told him that was for the 04's and there is nothing wrong with this one. What a tool...he couldn't bring his concerns up before I waste an hour of my time bringing the bike to him? I hate putting up stuff on CL.

Sounds like he was from craigslist..

·
Registered
643 Posts

classic buying douchebaggery. Get the seller to make some sort of committment to sell the bike, then drop the cost to make the deal. IE in your case he gets you to drive all the way out there, hoping you will feel like you HAVE to sell. Tell him to fuckoff. I love watching peoples faces when their stupid little plan backfires.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
classic buying douchebaggery. Get the seller to make some sort of committment to sell the bike, then drop the cost to make the deal. IE in your case he gets you to drive all the way out there, hoping you will feel like you HAVE to sell. Tell him to fuckoff. I love watching peoples faces when their stupid little plan backfires.
Pretty much what it was. Had another guy make arrangements to see it and the ad specifically says no payments or trade. Guess what he does when I meet him? Offers me a shitty truck and 6 payment payments of 300 dollars.

Even with a high asking price on CL and specifics on sale in the ad, still get a hole buyers.

Best one was when some kid sent me pics of his 2k stack of 20 dollar bills saying.... You gonna walk away from all this? Lol

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
288 Posts
Pretty much what it was. Had another guy make arrangements to see it and the ad specifically says no payments or trade. Guess what he does when I meet him? Offers me a shitty truck and 6 payment payments of 300 dollars.

Even with a high asking price on CL and specifics on sale in the ad, still get a hole buyers.

Best one was when some kid sent me pics of his 2k stack of 20 dollar bills saying.... You gonna walk away from all this? Lol
All this munny cuzzzzz. Hahaha.

·
Registered
643 Posts

Good god. You know, these kinds of things are why I am not really nice to anyone anymore. I think between work and stupid motherfuckers I am gonna turn into one of those complete intolerant assholes by the time I'm 50. I remember it started in college in a cafeteria (my buddy still laughs at this) as some loudmouth kid was just talking like a tard. I could hear him from like 3 tables away, talking all badass and whatever to his friends. Finally I got his attention and just told him to "Shut the fuck up." He looked at me and had this weird look on his face and I said "Yeah, you, shut the fuck up." He looked away and kept eating his food in silence. I just don't have the patience anymore haha.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I hear ya. I'm not very tolerant of people like that and call them out on their bs when necessary.

A plus side to it is it ensures that my gen1 doesn't end up in the hands of an idiot. It is only a bike though and I shouldn't care....But I'm so partial to the gen1s. Lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
yeah, totally hear you on that. Precisely why I have 3 bikes haha. I just can't stand to let good machinery go.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts