Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm trying to install new grips but I'm confused on the ZX. None of my other bikes have had those sliders or end caps at the end of the the handlebars before and I can't seem to figure out how to remove them. It looks like an allen head fits in there but I took a flashlight and looked inside and there are these metal sheets all pressed together. Do I have to hammer the allen head through the metal sheets? Help me out guys, this shouldn't be that hard ! :BangHead:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
just unscrew the allen bolts and everything will be just fine!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
IcePick06 said:
Ok, I'm trying to install new grips but I'm confused on the ZX. None of my other bikes have had those sliders or end caps at the end of the the handlebars before and I can't seem to figure out how to remove them. It looks like an allen head fits in there but I took a flashlight and looked inside and there are these metal sheets all pressed together. Do I have to hammer the allen head through the metal sheets? Help me out guys, this shouldn't be that hard ! :BangHead:
Nope, just the proper size allen wrench, can't think of the size off the top of my head but that's all yah need

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Righty Tighty.
Lefty Loosey. :thumbsup:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
dangit Hill, yah good for nuttin pw
:badteeth: :postwhore

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
8mm

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:
dad burn PW's i tell ya. oh yea just unscrew the barends.

BD
Thats HMW to you!

:1848: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bluedevil said:
:idea: This is all I needed...thanks

P.S. I'm glad this thread contributed to the mass amounts of post whoring that occurs on this site :crackup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts