Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what are the available options for integrating the turn signals into the brake light assembly? I'm about to do basically the same thing as zx102nv done to his and need to integrate the signals so I can slick out the undertail right. The only one I know of is Clear Alternatives. Are there others? :dontknow: I want LED's...

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're thinking about Clear Alternatives, send me a note. I'm an authorized dealer for Clear Alternatives. Not only will you have a 1 year manufacturers warranty. If you are not 100% satisfied, return the product to me, and I'll refund your money.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I got mine done at www.flashalert.com IMO the best setup out there. Uses stock LED's in the stock locations. Makes for a nice clean look not a cluttered up look when they add all the littel red or yellow LED out of their intended locations on the lens.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dragon10 said:
If you're thinking about Clear Alternatives, send me a note. I'm an authorized dealer for Clear Alternatives. Not only will you have a 1 year manufacturers warranty. If you are not 100% satisfied, return the product to me, and I'll refund your money.
And why would I go through a guy with 2 posts instead of going with one of the sponsors that keeps this site going for us? :dontknow: We don't take too kindly to SPAM on this site, but thanks anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
champ91 said:
I got mine done at www.flashalert.com IMO the best setup out there. Uses stock LED's in the stock locations. Makes for a nice clean look not a cluttered up look when they add all the littel red or yellow LED out of their intended locations on the lens.

So are the turn signal LED's yellow wtih that kit or does it just flash the stock red LED's? I kind of want to go with yellow signals for the contrast and to avoid hassles from the popo...

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
El Diablo said:
So are the turn signal LED's yellow wtih that kit or does it just flash the stock red LED's? I kind of want to go with yellow signals for the contrast and to avoid hassles from the popo...
Everything is stock. Red lights in the tail seperated and used as turn signals. Totally stock look from the outside. Looks OEM.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i bought a set from hardracing.com, they will be here early next week, and i'll get a pic on and give you my opinion on them.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dragon10 said:
El Diablo, you sound like so many politicians I know. You defend a site sponsor with one hand. Yet stab him in the back with the other, as in your post regarding Clear Front Euros.
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5229&page=2&pp=10

Nowhere in this thread or on this board... or on the net for that matter... have I ever posted up supporting Clear Alternatives. I simply said I'd go through one of our sponsors before I bought from a guy with two posts, one of which was SPAM... I didn't say which sponsor... How about getting your facts straight before you run your mouth. :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
champ91 said:
Everything is stock. Red lights in the tail seperated and used as turn signals. Totally stock look from the outside. Looks OEM.

Thanks for the info and the link. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zx102nv said:
Im VERY happy with the Clear Alternatives one. They flash yellow when you signal, very bright!

Thanks for the input. I may end up getting with clear, expressing my concerns based on what I've read, and see what we can work out. I really want yellow signals to avoid hassles from popo (GA law reads YELLOW turn signals...). How much was the CA integrator? Do I have to send in my stock unit or do they send a replacement?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Get this, Mine was 60.00 if I can remember right. Then I sold me stock one for 25.00. Trust me you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zx102nv said:
Get this, Mine was 60.00 if I can remember right. Then I sold me stock one for 25.00. Trust me you will be happy with it.
So the fit is as good as stock? I like their LED set-up... You know how it goes when you've seen all the horror stories though... :dontknow: I may just give it a shot based on your reccomendation. I trust you...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah it fits just like stock, I had NO problems. I didnt like the Clear lens but its grown on me. Plus I think it will look really good on black. I think I got mine through 58cycle.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
mdwright or flashalert....they do the job right and have great customer service

1 - 20 of 31 Posts