Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I am new here but i have checked the sponsors but with very little luck for what i am looking for, the girlfriend isn't comfortable holding onto the seat strap and wouldn't be comfortable with the grab bar behind the back (even though i would prefer that way). Any ideas as to where to find such a beast?

Thank you for any help.

Michael

PS my pics don't show up

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea, but still looking to see if there is any side grab bars that come out from being anchored to the back seat.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Even if something exist, it’s not a good idea to load the passenger seat with those kind of forces. The rear plastic mount lip would snap like a twig. Front as well. Just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is the grab bars are out for the behind the back, so the seat must be able to take those kind of forces already if they exist, wouldn't it ?
I see these kinds of grab bars on the side with other bikes just not the one I have ... UGH!! zx-10r 07

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Welcome!

Yeah, there's 3 options that would fit this category.
1. The tank mount grab rails posted above. I'm not a fan of the suction cupped Cyclehandles ones, but the ones that bolt to the tank cap are good.
2. She holds onto and around your midsection with her arms. This gives the added benefits of being free, bringing you closer together as a couple in your relationship, and you might get a reach-around while you ride.
3. She doesn't ride on the bike with you and gets her own. Then you can remove the rear pegs and put a solo cowl on the bike like it's supposed to have. :wink:

Seriously, there is nothing available that will come out the sides of the rear seat like you want. There's no subframe structure under there to mount to and support that much weight. No one will be able to point you to a product because they don't exist and there's better alternatives like the tank mounts. A possible 4th option or you is the grip-n-ride harness.

https://gladbelt.com/collections/motorcycles

Reactions: ddipaola

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
The thing is the grab bars are out for the behind the back, so the seat must be able to take those kind of forces already if they exist, wouldn't it ?
I see these kinds of grab bars on the side with other bikes just not the one I have ... UGH!! zx-10r 07

What you've seen on other bikes are designed from the factory like that. The subframe has to be able to support the tension put on the bars. It's not something that other people have bolted on after the fact, they were designed like that from the factory with the frame support under the seat and plastics.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Back to front forces it would maybe do for easy riding and give her confidence. Come a panic situation where your girl must hold on to them for dear life, probably not. Specially sideway forces as the mounts are in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts