Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like it says. I work at night and tend to surf the web and craig's list etc etc. Ran across a add a couldn't pass up and had to make a thread about it :crackup:

ENJOY PEOPLE AND MAKE SURE TO READ THE PART WHERE HE GOES INTO DETAIL ABOUT HIS DYNO TUNE AND NUMBERS....:spit:

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/1481348322.html

·
Registered
462 Posts
Finally everybody........I'm putting " The Ghost " up for sale. You may have seen her somewhere and nows your chance to buy her. For those of you that are not familiar with her, this is one mean bike. I bought the bike a year and a half ago, and have been steadily building it ever since, and I can no longer ride it as much as I used too due to an injury, so she's up for sale!!! It has a 750 with 15,882 miles on it. It has brand new full bore M1 triple compound tires. The bike has a big bore kit which brought the displacment to 772cc with 13:1 compression. The pistons, rods, and cam were replaced at the time of the bore, as well as the cam chain tensioner. :crackup: The bike has a FULL Yoshimura RS-3 Race exhaust( Header, midpipe, and cannister) which has been modified for better flow, Power Commander II, K&N air filter, up two teeth in the rear sproket for top end :crackup:. I painted the bike flat black w/high temperature paint and it has a polished frame, polished alluminum frame sliders, polished bar ends w/GSXR logo, polished clutch and brake levers, polished lips on the rims w/black spokes, carbon fiber triple tree cover, carbon fiber gauge ring, carbon fiber ram air tubes (painted flat black), and a EK Gold Race Chain. The bike was dyno' d @ Blais Racing in Miami and produced great numbers. 149 h.p. with 153 ft. lbs. torque @ 192 m.p.h. :crackup:. This is one of the only bikes that can run in the 1000cc class. It is a 1999 after all, and is not perfect. There is a small ding in the tank (about the size of a quater), and the shocks will probably need to be replaced in the next year (about 150.00 on e-bay), but the bike looks sick, and I love the bike, but the injury is forcing me to sell her. I also have the rear seat that comes with it too. Will concider trades with cash, but mainly I need the cash to pad my bank account before the next surgery. So if your interested, contact me @ [email protected] and I'll respond promptly........................thank you for looking.................................Jamie :crackup:

:crackup:
HA!!! 149hp and 153ftlbs of TQ.... dream on buddy!!! Also, 192mph... his speedo must be waaaaay off, by about 50mph!! Uhh, don't you normally require new pistons with a big bore kit?

Please tell me this add was just a joke!!!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, this is by far one of the funniest craig list adds I have ran across and I work at night and see A LOOOOTTTTTTT OF BULLSHIT LOL...BUT THIS IS IN THE TOP 3...This is what we call a stupid person that owns a bike that tends to make shit up...At least he got one thing right in the add...HIS NAME

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
icon would have to seriously "hook me up" to run that sticker!

Unfortunately the motorcycle community is full of riders like this guy. Most of them being sportbike riders.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i really didnt find it to humorous. the guy had a generous dyno, seems to be an inexperienced rider. nothing really to squidy about him, just a total noob.

:spit:

·
Registered
500 Posts
hurry hurrry ,someone is gonna jump on this fast !!!! lol
already bought it. i traded the ten in because this just seemed like a way better bike :spit:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Wow that was some :bs:
Can spray paint too probably.
polished bar ends w/GSXR logo will definitely make it a fast seller. :crackup:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
What a turd, he probably bought that thing from some other guy who fed him the same line of crap, and figured out he got burned and is trying to get out of his shit box to get a real bike with real mods

·
Registered
63 Posts
:crackup:
HA!!! 149hp and 153ftlbs of TQ.... dream on buddy!!! Also, 192mph... his speedo must be waaaaay off, by about 50mph!! Uhh, don't you normally require new pistons with a big bore kit?

Please tell me this add was just a joke!!!
His spedo is off because of his "up two in the rear sprocket for more top end."

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a moron "153 ft. lbs. torque @ 192 m.p.h" how doe torque and MPH even go together!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe he missed a # while typing. 2772cc's would probably get you 153 lb ft of torque. Honest mistake?

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
i really didnt find it to humorous. the guy had a generous dyno, seems to be an inexperienced rider. nothing really to squidy about him, just a total noob.

:spit:
:+1:

Me either, the 153 ft bls tourqe was obviously a typo for 53, which would be correct for a 750+.

Also Kevin "Blais" Racing in Miami is a well known tuner who knows his shit. Hes been around longer than most people on this forum has owned bikes.

Abprep07, you need to let me know where ya work so I can contact your employer to let him know you have nothing to do. :lol:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
some people just have no idea

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
The bike was dyno' d @ Blais Racing in Miami and produced great numbers. 149 h.p. with 91 ft. lbs. torque @ 172 m.p.h.

looks like he changed it, but still 91ft lbs of torque.... making more torque than the twin cyl. engines

·
Registered
328 Posts
i'm having an extreme hard time even believing 91ft pounds? my 3rd gen stock has only 80-83 ft pounds on a good day. are you trying to tell me i can bore my cyclinders out to 1020cc and gain 20 ft pounds???? i want that tuner!!!!

i would say more like 65ft pounds....if that!

i think the 99 model 750 makes roughly around 50 ft pounds stock? correct me if i'm wrong?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts