Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday a group of us went on a ride in the Sierra (Shaver lake/ Huntington area). We went up there with all skill levels of rider. On the way back home I was in a lean when my back wheel hit something on the road and poped up. All I can think of was OH [email protected]%K. Some how I got it under control and took it easy all the way home (kind of). The Shaver Lake area is in Central Cali. We have all kinds of good twisty and nice long sweep. Take it easy out there but have FUN.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yeah had a couple of those "sick feelings" lately fuggin pot holes! They come up so fast on you and WHAM!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
had the feeling this week also, my lil bro ( 06 CBR100rr ) was infront of me ( i let him stay there so that I can critique him in turns ) so I am following to help coach him with high speed turns. Well he goes into the turn HOT i am talking about WAYYYY HOT, and I know I can make it with some serious lean so since i am HOT too ( because i was following ) I setup for an outside pass as he begins to slow. WELL as he slows he drifts into the outside lane ( where i am abou to pass ) All i think is YOU G**DAMN DIRTY LITTEL MOT**FU**ER I CANT BELIEVE YOUR DRIFTING. Well as the last resort I slide the back out and start feathering the front brake, well the turn is on a bank and as i see i cant drift the rear over like i want to i let go of the brakes and off the roadway i go ( into the grassy unknown abyss ) i slow the bike and return to the road with him giving me the OK sign ( WHAT THA FU** YOU NEARLY KILLED ME ) <<thats what i was thinking, but i gave him the YES head shake and continued the ride for about 1hr. we then return to the house where i give him a small ass chew, then explain how to manipulate the brakes and lean angle at the same time to slow while turning. so all and all it was a learing experience for him ( and i guess me to not follow so close even though we have about 1.5 car lenghts b/t us) but i an now thinking about investing in chatterbox so that if it even happens again i can let him know i will make the pass so maybe he wont drift . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts