Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tearing my bicep into last year my doc looked at my shoulders.Apparently from hitting the bag all those years training has separated my shoulders and now i have calcium spurs growing between the joint. It has got to the point that i cant sleep at nite because I like to sleep with my arm under the pillow,and the shoulder wakes me up either numb or hurting like hell! has any of you guys had this surgery,whts the down time? I really dont want to do it because for one i hate going under the knife,two im busy as crap paintin these days.Speak up guys if know any thing ABOUT THIS!!:rolleyes:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
well man,.......I have not had shoulder stuff,.....but I have had problems with my right knee!!....4 surgeries total,.....first was torn cartalidge(minor)..then clean and smooth the knee cap 2 times,.....then the last was open knee surgery where he cleaned, smoothed and removed a ton of scar tissue from the prev surguries!!!!!.......but all in all.....if they go in through small inscisions and do it arthocopically.plus therapy,.......i bet down time is around 4-6 weeks.......?........getting old pain sucks ,I know!!

Vicodin and percocet will become your friends!!...lol.........just don't FALL IN LOVE with your lil buddies!!.......oh!.........and f*ckin therapy sucks!.....but it is crucial to your recovery.....strength, range of motion, all of it!.....I finally did the full therapy run with the last surgery and my knee is in the best shape it has been in 10 years!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have chronic problems with my shoulders from whitewater kayaking. my right shoulder has been dislocated at least 6 times and seperated at the ac joint once. I was told by my orthopedist that shoulder surgery has gotten much more successful in the past 10 years, but the pain and down time is still high. he told me that my shoulders would not be 100% for at least six months.

however, it seems as if your surgery would be simpler than mine. I have to have a ligament shortened and reattached.

good luck, I know shoulder pain is a bitch.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I had a shoulder problem don,t know what i did but i had pain in my right arm if i tryed to lift it over my head.I lived with it and 6 months later still the same thought i would let it heal it dident.Anyway i grabbed a ball to throw for my dog fast ball like over the top and i had a sharp pain and in a min. i was good as new.it never went numb or anything before and i don,t think it was dislocated so i don,t know but if it happens again i will try that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts