Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 ZX-12 in Racing green For less than $6500. As new, 2100 miles with a new Muzzy exhaust. I pretty much had my sites set on the 06' GSXR 1000 but I think this is just too great of a deal to pass. It will be more comfortable if my wife rides with me some but the GSXR 1000 is I'm sure a more fun bike to ride due to its less weight. What do you think?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
107 Posts
For the price it is a deal.... you're getting 190mph 9 second performance for less than a new 600.

If you're a "bigger" guy...you will definately feel at home on the ZX12R. Plenty of room and exception wind protection and aerodynamics at high speed.

Easy to ride and easy to make power on them...

Most ZX12R's make anywhere from 170-180rwhp and 95-98ft lbs torque with just a pipe/pc3/remap.

Although it doesn't handle like a ZX10R.... you'd be shocked on how well handles for a bike of it's size. Think of it as a ZX-9R on steroids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,795 Posts
Phantom12 said:
For the price it is a deal.... you're getting 190mph 9 second performance for less than a new 600.

If you're a "bigger" guy...you will definately feel at home on the ZX12R. Plenty of room and exception wind protection and aerodynamics at high speed.

Easy to ride and easy to make power on them...

Most ZX12R's make anywhere from 170-180rwhp and 95-98ft lbs torque with just a pipe/pc3/remap.

Although it doesn't handle like a ZX10R.... you'd be shocked on how well handles for a bike of it's size. Think of it as a ZX-9R on steroids.
I owned an 01 and it was a super bike....with an Akro pipe and a several other mods you will be satisfied!

I sold my 01 in mint condition for $6800 this year so I think you are getting a heck of a deal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am a bigger guy. 6'7'' 275lbs so the extra size will be nice.Funny the bike was on Ebay and got zero bids at $6500.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
HELL YA'
im 6'4'' and weight 290 and i loved mine(2000) ...had a micron race and pc2
and it made 185rwhp w/95lbft....so fast and handled awesome...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sealed the deal at $6k even. I'll take care of the much needed new battery and rear tire. I took it for a ride the other night at was quite impressed with the power. Esp. throttle roll on when she hit 5k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,049 Posts
crashfirepm53 said:
I sealed the deal at $6k even. I'll take care of the much needed new battery and rear tire. I took it for a ride the other night at was quite impressed with the power. Esp. throttle roll on when she hit 5k.
Great deal!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: Hope you enjoy. :eek:ccasion1 :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,269 Posts
Congrats good luck and have fun!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still haven't gotten the damn thing yet. Title issues still. Utah needs a letter from the Florida State attorney showing that the false FL title was destroyed.Paperwork. I was starting to look elsewhere but damn $6000 even fot that bike setup already is a GREAT deal. Saw on Ebay a stock 03'for $7200. Identical but with 1000 less miles. I know I got a great deal here.i'll give it another 3 weeks. Gotta get one before bike week.I need a tire, green rear hugger and a 40 shot but I'm waitin to by those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
MADDOGC5 said:
HELL YA'
im 6'4'' and weight 290 and i loved mine(2000) ...had a micron race and pc2
and it made 185rwhp w/95lbft....so fast and handled awesome...
YOUR A BIG DUDE! IM 6'3' AND 265 AND THOUGHT I WAS JACKED BUT HOLY SHIT!!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top