Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of trading or selling my 04 10r for a zx14. my bike has a full muzzy, 15 and 42 tooth sprockets, strapped and lowered. i have got a 9.4 @ 145. i guy ran a 9.30 on my bike when it had the stock rear sprocket (39 tooth). with all the hype of the zx14r, i am thinking of changing. is the hype all its cracked up to be? i dont know if i should wait and get a used one? what do you think????

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not much for the trackdays....i dont have the balls for draggin my knee at 100+ miles an hour. i love the strip though. what are the new busas suppose to be like? im not real crazy about the way the new 14 looks, but if its as fast as they claim....who cares?

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
new busa suppose to be bad ass they say its going to be a 1400 also :dontknow: you should wait and see before you buy .....i am

·
Registered
698 Posts
oneradten said:
new busa suppose to be bad ass they say its going to be a 1400 also :dontknow: you should wait and see before you buy .....i am
I agree with that statement. If your into drag racing, the 10 is not the bike. Yes some have posted good times, but that is not what that bike was intended for, it's a track based bike. You would get more of what your looking for out of the 14 or the Busa, and I would definately wait on the Zuke's answer to the 14 to make an educated decision. It's a pretty expensive thing to do and then have regrets about later.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
10R said:
I agree with that statement. If your into drag racing, the 10 is not the bike. Yes some have posted good times, but that is not what that bike was intended for, it's a track based bike. You would get more of what your looking for out of the 14 or the Busa, and I would definately wait on the Zuke's answer to the 14 to make an educated decision. It's a pretty expensive thing to do and then have regrets about later.
I don't think it's such a big expensive thing to do right now. It has already been tested by the best with Rickey Gadson and Ryan and they raved about the bike...and the clutch is solid. Also, has had Nitrous on it and made 300hp with little mods besides that. So, even if Suk. comes out with a similar bike the 14 will have a year ahead in performance parts and really..don't think a new Suk. will gain much more HP with the same displacement...they couldn't do much in the 1000cc wars for displacement.

So, if someone is thinking about a 14 for drag racing..then why not? You will have a year head start and it appears a bullet proof engine as most Kawi engines are anyway..IMO :mrgreen: :beer:

·
Registered
698 Posts
bluedevil said:
I don't think it's such a big expensive thing to do right now. It has already been tested by the best with Rickey Gadson and Ryan and they raved about the bike...and the clutch is solid. Also, has had Nitrous on it and made 300hp with little mods besides that. So, even if Suk. comes out with a similar bike the 14 will have a year ahead in performance parts and really..don't think a new Suk. will gain much more HP with the same displacement...they couldn't do much in the 1000cc wars for displacement.

So, if someone is thinking about a 14 for drag racing..then why not? You will have a year head start and it appears a bullet proof engine as most Kawi engines are anyway..IMO :mrgreen: :beer:

Good point. Whats 13 grand or so anyway? Money is nothing, they make more of it every day.:lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
10R said:
Good point. Whats 13 grand or so anyway? Money is nothing, they make more of it every day.:lol:
Actually if you shop around you can probably get one for 11k...then private sale on your bike maybe 7-8k. Then the ebay sales for your after market parts maybe another grand. So, yeah..no biggie if you really want it....but you missed my point...why wait for something that is not real when you can get something that is the real deal.:wink:

·
Registered
698 Posts
bluedevil said:
Actually if you shop around you can probably get one for 11k...then private sale on your bike maybe 7-8k. Then the ebay sales for your after market parts maybe another grand. So, yeah..no biggie if you really want it....but you missed my point...why wait for something that is not real when you can get something that is the real deal.:wink:
I was just being a smart ass.:lol: I understand what your saying. You could wait forever for the next best thing, something better, or more refined, or enhanced in some way seems to come out every year now. I just thought if you were basing your decision strictly on those two bikes, it would be nice to see how it all pans out in the end when both are readily available. Your point makes perfect sense as well though.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
10R said:
I was just being a smart ass.:lol: I understand what your saying. You could wait forever for the next best thing, something better, or more refined, or enhanced in some way seems to come out every year now. I just thought if you were basing your decision strictly on those two bikes, it would be nice to see how it all pans out in the end when both are readily available. Your point makes perfect sense as well though.:thumbsup:
:eek:ccasion1 ...time will tell either way...love competition.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 10R

·
Registered
698 Posts
bluedevil said:
:eek:ccasion1 ...time will tell either way...love competition.:thumbsup:
Me too!:thumbsup: I also like being the underdog. Why the hell I bought this 10R is beyond me, it is the underdog to nothing else imo. I guess i just didn't want to be like everyone else on their GSXR. I love smoking Gixxer's! No offense Vixen!

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
10R said:
these are two bike that they change what every 6 maybe 8 years except maybe color options i think it would still be wise to wait and weight your options:thumbsup:

·
Registered
698 Posts
oneradten said:
these are two bike that they change what every 6 maybe 8 years except maybe color options i think it would still be wise to wait and weight your options:thumbsup:
That is basically all I was getting at. Thanks for saying what I meant to say.:lol: :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
oneradten said:
just giving a fellow 10 rider a hand :lol: :thumbsup:

Im a 10R rider.:dontknow:..:rolleyes: :crackup: :spit: :postwhore :beer:

Reactions: oneradten

·
Registered
174 Posts
oneradten said:
Who says??? While there is a lot of speculation out there, that's all there is right now. Suzuki hasn't made ANY sort of official announcement on whether there will be a "new" Busa and what sort of changes it might have.

It is due for a re-design, and a step-up in displacement seems only logical. It will be interesting to see how things develop and what's in store for '07 or '08... :smile:

As far as getting back to the subject of this thread... Mikebar4, if you want a ZX-14, then buy one. Looks like you have a pretty good running '10R right now. I wouldn't expect a world of difference stepping up to a '14, but there will likely be more drag-racing aftermarket support for the '14 than there is for the '10 (but there are some really nice parts coming out for the '10 as well)... It's hard (and not cost effective) for aftermarket companies to develop parts for motorcycles that get totally redesigned every two years.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts