Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've always wanted a V4, and the RSV4 looks like the shizzle to me....

What do you guys think ? I've done just about everything to this ZX of mine in the ~ 5 years I've owned it. Raced in a national race series, ridden on the streets. Spent tons of money on it. It goes like hell, power wheelies in 4th and will happily come up off the clutch in 6th gear (!).

The RSV4 had better pony up, because it sure has a tough act to follow : http://zx-10r.net/gallery/files/2/4/6/3/2/green_monster_original.jpg

SO should I sell it or just hang on to the thing ? Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Rob

·
Chairman of the Board
16,124 Posts
Any way you can keep the 10 AND get the RSV4? If not, go for it. You can always come back to the 10 if your not pleased with the RSV4.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I think you should better start upgrading the goddamn bike...
Ohlins forks & shocks, Harris adjustable tripple clamps, Brembo calipers, AIM gauges, carbon bits. Not to even mention the engine mods...You are only half way there. :lol:

Is there a way to keep it and give a nut or lung for the RSV4 ? :thumbsup:
It's a classic...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yes. Sell it. Bring your 04 ZX10 to me here in the states & buy the new bike :lol:

Honestly, and I know that you've been piling money into the present bike, 5 years is a pretty good track record. I kept my 04 for 3 years & made the mistake of thinking I needed something different & in "my" case I should have known better (grass not being greener).

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It sounds like you've enjoyed your time with the ZX10,now it's time to step out and experiment with that RSV4.
Over here they aren't seen on the streets,you ocassionally see one on the track for that matter.
That would be a no-brainer for me,I'd sell the ZX10,get the highest offer possible sell the bike complete,and move on to the RSV4.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I was drooling over the new RSV4 as well, but when I heard that the 09 R1 felt more powerful than it, I lost interest. Because the 09 R1 doesnt feel powerful to me.

Solution= sell it and buy an 08/09 ZX10R:thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i think the 10r looks better (even after all these years) but that rsv4 is cool. i would do what 5-F dawg said and wait for the new kawi,

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Sell it...CHEAP, you can't get much for it anyways:lol:...X-mas is coming up, I can use another new toy under the tree..

·
Registered
198 Posts
any way you can keep the 10 and get the rsv4? If not, go for it. You can always come back to the 10 if your not pleased with the rsv4.

:+2:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sell it, then come back in a few months and tell us what a big mistake you made. LOL. Seriously, if you can keep them both, no brainer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies folks.

In all honesty I really do want to keep both bikes, though of course I can only ride one at a time. ; )

Perhaps I can ship one of them (which?) up to the race track in Zhuhai (www.zic.net.cn) for use as a track day tool. Of course that also costs money though...

I doubt I could re-coup much of what I spent on the bike if I sold it, considering all the sh1t I've done to it over the last 5 years, for example :

Wheels :
• BST Carbon wheels $$$

Brakes :
• ZX-14 Nissin calipers $$
• Earl's braided lines
• Galfer rotors
• Brembo Master Cylinder

Suspension :
• Ohlins fork cartridge kit $$$
• Ohlins rear shock $$
• Ohlins steering damper

Body :
• Iridium tinted screen
• '09 ZX-6R mirrors (now I can see!)
• Fender eliminator
• Woodcraft engine cases
• ’08/09 ZX-6R Monster Energy decal set, cut to size
• Tech Spec tank and frame grips

Engine :
• BMC race air filter
• Factory Pro ignition trumpets
• Factory Pro shift detent star & spring
• Nikko Racing TRE & Speed limit remover
• 520 chain conversion + 16 / 42 gearing (4th gear power wheelies, 6th gear wheelies on clutch)
• Samco Performance silicon hose kit
• Superbike radiator (cracked and died after a while, not repairable) $$$
• Akrapovic Evo 1 full system – shortened muffler $$$
• Power Commander 3
• Quick Shifter <<-- best accessory ever, helped me get the bike into 6th gear on the back wheel 8 )

Controls :
• Euromaxx racing Quick Action Throttle <-- awesome !
• '06/07 gauge conversion $$
• Speedo Healer
• Acumen gear indicator
• Hurricane riser bars
• Attack Performance rearsets
• Gilles chain adjusters, swingarm lifters

etc.

It's certainly been a fun ride and the RSV-4 will have a LOT to live up to !

Cheers

Robert

1 - 16 of 16 Posts