Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think, should I keep my prestine 2006 S2000 with only 15K miles on it or should I get a 2009 Shelby gt500. I love the power and torque of the gt500, but I love the handling of my S. I also thought about a bmw 135i, but I don't know.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
What do you guys think, should I keep my prestine 2006 S2000 with only 15K miles on it or should I get a 2009 Shelby gt500. I love the power and torque of the gt500, but I love the handling of my S. I also thought about a bmw 135i, but I don't know.
I'm a BMW guy so I would have to say at least get the 335i because it's more in the class of the mustang and s2000 than the 135i would be. But if you're used to cramp areas I guess the 135i would fit you well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well shelby is a nice car, and it handles pretty good too, but I dont appreciate their interior cuz It looks very crappy and doesnt have 'quality" feel. I would go and test drive the 370z or g37, these two have some power and hanle well too, plus they cost much cheaper than a shelby. But If you only want to chose from those three, I would get a Shlby ofcourse cuz It has some power

·
Registered
514 Posts
135 same engine as the 335 weigh about the same just alil smaller both maintenace free for 4yrs, cant go wrong with that and then you can just donate the s2k to me!:idea:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I like AP1 S2000's... not so much a fan of AP2's. Might as well get the GT500, you can gain 100whp for about $1200 at my work.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My vote would be for the 135i if given those choices. In fact it would be the only choice of those cars. The inline 6 in the 135i/335i is very tunable, and tough motor. The 135i also has the 6-pot fixed calipers, not found on the 335i. It's really a poor man's M3. I appreciate the power of the pony cars, but I'm less excited about pure speed in cars after experiencing the might of the ZX-10R. Even the fastest non-exotic (ie: not hypercars like the Veyron, etc.) stock cars pale in comparison.

I remember having a previous gen M3 (333hp) race me, unbeknownst to me, on my gen 1 ZX-10R. I remember just remembering hearing this mechanical roar and looking over at him as he squeals the tires on the 1-2 upshift. I merely just whiff the throttle on the 10R, and the M3 is instantly 3-4 car lengths behind and sniffing my Kawi's uncatalyzed exhaust.

I have an '00 S2000 that I may never sell. I used to test cars professionally, and very few cars this side of a Lotus Elise can match the S2000's level of driver involvement. The AP2's are excellent as well, but they did make it a lot softer and much more driver friendly in comparison. The first AP1's have a nasty habit of drop throttle oversteer, and pretty twitchy in less than ideal conditions. As a result, many AP1 drivers found themselves spinning into a hedge. Yes, there are many faster cars out there (including the one you listed) that would best an S2K in a straight line speed contest, but I get my acceleration fixes from my 10 and not my S2000. The sound of the S2000 from 6,000 to 9,000 rpm is awesome, and because it's "slow" I can do it without getting an instant "go-to'jail" card from the popo should they see me doing it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
How and where do you like to drive? If it involves handling of any kind you have one of the best cars for that right now. The bimmer will be faster and more luxurious but will not give you the same connection to the road. The gt500 is a totally different animal. It will be a tremendous 1/4 mile thriller but will never give you precise handling. It weight close to 4,000 pounds and would need alot of $$$$ thrown at it to give you anything close to he handling you enjoy now.

I'm a big fan of all three rides, but you are cross-shopping some vastly different vehicles.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
GT500
I35
S2000

GT500 would be a totally different car... I would keep the S2K. I have seen some modded S2000 and that is a hot car!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
yeah... ap1's are very fun. the high revving is very much like a sportbike, which I think is why I like them.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
gt500 ftw. it is such a bad ass car, i drove one this past weekend and immediately fell in love

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My problem is that I am not Jay Leno. I wish I could keep my S and get the 135 or the gt500. I wish I could have kept all of my past cars. When I test drove the gt500, it only felt moderately fast to me. My zx-10r ruins any car test drive that I will ever take. Damn bike.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Sell the Honda, Sell the Saab and Sell the Toyo...and forget about the Stang and get the GTR...then you will have a car that matches your 10's performance capabilities.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
why would you even question it? the s2k is way better

·
Registered
987 Posts
why would you even question it? the s2k is way better
:+1: keep the s2k and buy a GTR ftw. or just perform some head work, big cams and full exhaust to the sk2 and it will sound like an f1 car with 30+hp

1 - 20 of 53 Posts