Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a set of Yoshi slip ons, but I was told that I don't need a power comander for slip ons. But then I searched here and found some threads where folks are talking about having one for their slip ons and dyno tuned and all that.

So I know it has something to do with regulating f/a mixture, but I was told if you don't have a full systom then pc is useless. Any help is much appriciated.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
its good to have a pcIII and then get your bike dyno tuned to get the a/f ratio smoothed out and stuff like that

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It is not useless.
Heck a stock bike could make gains with a custom map.
But do you really need it. Probably not.
Lets say you do spend the $$$ on a PC. Many folks download maps online, but a true custom map is another $200+ dollars. Ya want to spend another $500+ on 5 to 7 horsepower and a much smoother running bike??? Since running your bike the way it is will not hurt anything that leaves the PC choice up to you!!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You should have saved allot just in weight I'd imagine. Those are nice gains.
You probably did make some power gains too. But it might have made the a/f ratio not as smooth. Not sure. Onboard computer will adjust to some of that too. If you do the PC mod. I'd take the short time it takes and knock out the cat. too.
One mod. leads to another. It just won't stop. Help, make it stop!!! :welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts