Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a poor man but some how i got financed and can get any bike i want really. insurance is the big killer though 238 bucks a months for full coverage. so my bike payment is 311.20 thats with the cost of a new jacket, helmet, extended warranty, and akrapovic carbon pipes. what do you guys think i should do? oh ya im still paying on my old sv650 until i get my settlement ($200 a month) and i make 1600 a month. i dont pay rent and i got a cell phone bill and insurance on my 70 el camino ($70). think i should get it? im 50-50 on it you guys gotta help me out. i really want it but is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
only you know if it fits your budget..550 a month seems like alot to me for a bike payment w/ins.. here we are not req. to carry insurance so under 200 a month is what mine is..

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the bank that requires the insurance not the state. ya i think its kinda high too but what to do. i want this bike so bad it hurts. my loan is 8.75% so the loan isnt too bad. but i think im gonna take off the helmet ,jacket and exhaust which should bring the payment to around 250. and i got a 1000 coming in from a old loan i gave out so that could go to either the bike or the insurance which would bring the monthly down a lot more. plus i am getting a big raise and promotion at work within a month or so. pretty much i can afford it but do i want to pay that much or waste my money on bullshit like i always do or have something i really want and build my credit? i am really leaning toward getting it unless you guys are thinking or something im not. maintance ok not a problem i have the know how and friends to help with that.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
yeah why pay interest on the accessories. get it down to 250 and then i would definitely buy it. see if they can get away with just selling you lojack and then you may not need insuarance.. when i bought my 06 1000rr thats what i did then i never had them install and i got the 600.00 back..

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
I agree that ultimately only you can decide if you can afford it or not....You seem hesitate which seems to me that your worried about it being hard for you to afford.....my only advise would be that, if you buy it and it puts a strain on finances, that it doesnt make it hard on others also, gotta put family first.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm struggling to afford mine, but I'm glad I did it. Maintenance, in my opinion, is really simple. I just keep the oil changed and the bike clean. Lube the chain (easy), and keep an eye on nuts and bolts that may viberate loose. I don't really think there is that much maintainence. The expensive part is wanting to customize it and make it unique. Deffinately get a good quality helmet, jacket, and gloves. Wearing your gear is just as important as maintaining your ride.

·
Registered
591 Posts
if you have to ask if you can afford it, you probably can't. don't put yourself in a position to get in a huge financial hole

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the thing is i have a lot of money in limbo right now so im just thinking about taking the hit now building some credit and paying it off in a year or less. i know i can afford it i just like to have my money in the bank i just seem to spend it on bull shit like alcohol and food (and i wonder why i weigh 250 lbs lol) so in all this will probably be a good thing for me. im 23 i have done some stupid shit with my money ( like building a freakin drag car as a daily driver lol then gas goes up). i have been trying to get this bike for the past month or so. fuck it im getting it. im not getting the other stuff just the bike that i can afford i will just save for the exhaust and such having a zx10r should be enough im just use to fixing up everything right away. this time i will do it right and buy things when i have the money(yes this should apply to the bike as well but fuck it lol) well enough of my rambling anyone wanna go ride

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Gixxer Vixxen said:
if you have to ask if you can afford it, you probably can't. don't put yourself in a position to get in a huge financial hole
+2 don't put yourself in a whole you can't dig out of. I personally wouldn't put 1/3 my check into a house note much less a toy note. Save, then spend. You be much happier in the end.

·
Registered
591 Posts
shenanigans said:
the thing is i have a lot of money in limbo right now so im just thinking about taking the hit now building some credit and paying it off in a year or less. i know i can afford it i just like to have my money in the bank i just seem to spend it on bull shit like alcohol and food (and i wonder why i weigh 250 lbs lol) so in all this will probably be a good thing for me. im 23 i have done some stupid shit with my money ( like building a freakin drag car as a daily driver lol then gas goes up). i have been trying to get this bike for the past month or so. fuck it im getting it. im not getting the other stuff just the bike that i can afford i will just save for the exhaust and such having a zx10r should be enough im just use to fixing up everything right away. this time i will do it right and buy things when i have the money(yes this should apply to the bike as well but fuck it lol) well enough of my rambling anyone wanna go ride

re-read what you put. you say you have money in limbo. you say you like having money in the bank. it sounds like you will have neither of these if you "invest" in the 10.

vehicles are horrible investments. they depreciate and will not make you money.

so taking money "out of limbo" and out of the bank to put into a bike (when it means you won't have much money left in the bank) seems like an irresponsable move. at least from what infomation you're giving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts