Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another flat:BangHead:! Second one this year..... damn! First oem DQ rear (screw) w/ only 600 miles on, not even broke in, now the replacement DQ (cut) with only 2700 miles. I was hoping to take this set into late spring next year. I guess I will replace with a set.

What are you peeps that commute during the week and rip twisties on the weekend running? I'm looking for "longer" treadlife, also want a tire that performs.

Any input would be awesome!:smile:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I seem to be the only one that likes the Qualifiers our bikes come with? I know they aren't necessarily the best, but hell I had all season this year (~4k miles) and I did 5 track days on them... granted they are blasted right now and can only be ridden on the street but I pushed those tires and had a good summer on them :dontknow:

next are corsa 3s tho...

I have had the Pilot Powers and thought those were nice street tire setup as well. Since i'm doing more track now then street, my tire choice will obviously be changing. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the nails and such, i have a bs tire warranty i've never used in case that happens to me (its been five years of riding now and never have had a flat....knock on wood...)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have been running the metzler m1's for for like 4 years now probably a good 45-50k miles. although I have not tried anything else in so long who knows how good they really are anymore :dontknow:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Anyone tried the Bridgestone 016s?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I've been running Rosso's for the last 2500mi. and they still look new. Very sticky in the twistys and great tread wear.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I went with a set of Continental Road Attacks on my 06.
I replaced the stock OEM Dunlap Sportmax Qualifiers after 4800k miles on the clock.
The rear Road Attack only comes in a 190/50/17,I haven't noticed any performance issues in the corners.The front is standard stock size of 120/70/17.
These tires are alot softer than my Dunlops ever were,even sitting cold in the garage they are softer.
The Road Attacks are a high mileage sport touring tire.
They have a bad rap of being a hard,non stick tire also,but with a 1000k miles on the clock right now,I'm dipping farther into the twisties and faster out of them than i ever dared to push my stock OEM Dunlaps,like I said no issues so-far.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My 08 came with the BT016's. I've got 5k on the speedo now and the tires are about gone but I really like the traction they have supplied so far. Going for a set of Pilot Road 2's next although I can't say anything bad about the Bridgestones that came on it. I've heard the aftermarket Stones are better than the OEM's. That would be hard to do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I've been running Rosso's for the last 2500mi. and they still look new. Very sticky in the twistys and great tread wear.
I also recommend the Rosso's. They seem pretty grippy, and are holding up nice so far.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i had 600miles on my dc3 when i got a large nail in it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts