Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think you will.

As far as I know, a shorter muffler will increase low and midrange power, but decrease top end

Im not sure :dontknow:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I think you will.

As far as I know, a shorter muffler will increase low and midrange power, but decrease top end

Im not sure :dontknow:
Other way around, but I seriously doubt you'd notice the difference.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i shorten my akrapovic can on my 08 10,But I have a 07 zx14 with the same brand pipe and the can is Dam near 3 feet long.Would like to shorten it ,but heard it would loose some hp.

·
Registered
578 Posts
are you guys talking about cutting the can itself? i mean i spent almost 700$ on my slip on and even tho i dont feel its loud enough there isnt a person in the world id let cut it. just my opinion tho if i wanted a shorty i would of got a racefit. I wouldnt mind it being a few inches shorter but thats just me

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think its the other way 'round velociraptor, shorter exhausts/ mufflers push the power to the upper revs while full length mufflers give low to mid-range power. Just look at racebikes exhausts/mufflers very, very short cuz theyre always at high rpm, some even have no mufflers at all i think. look at the ducati and see if you can find a muffler, it looks like it runs a baffle typedeal of sorts at the very end of exhaust. Call kerry at area p or areapnolimits.com

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think its the other way 'round velociraptor, shorter exhausts/ mufflers push the power to the upper revs while full length mufflers give low to mid-range power. Just look at racebikes exhausts/mufflers very, very short cuz theyre always at high rpm, some even have no mufflers at all i think. look at the ducati and see if you can a muffler, it looks like it runs a baffle typedeal of sorts at the very end of exhaust. Call kerry at area p or areapnolimits.com

You are right :eek:ccasion1

My mistake.

Thanks !

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I brought my 14 to the dyno guy tonight,He is going to start tomorrow.Will see how that goes.I did shorten the can 3 1/2 in. Looks alot better.It is louder.But i have the insert if I want it quieter.So all is good.Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I shortend my Evo2 Ti muffler, and I think I got a slight increase in my db. I wouldn't be able to notice one hp either way on a bike this powerful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts