Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I gotta give a big THANK YOU to the guys at Super Bike Supply (www.superbikesupply.com) for getting me this battery!

Second.... I think the packaging on this battery has to be better than most pieces of jewlery lol....

USPS dropped my battery off to me today so I took some pics and got some weights.

The 2011 ZX-10r (non-ABS) yas a YTZ7S battery which has 130 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) The Shorai Lithium has 135 CCA's and is a 9 am hour battery.

After weighing the two on a postal scale I found it will cut 3lbs 5 Oz's off my 2011 ZX10r and for about $100 bucks you cant beat that!

So I thought I Would post up some pics of the battery and whats inside the box, they give you a TON of padding that you can stick to the battery to make it fit your battery box perfect.

I am VERY happy with this battery!!!

Attachments

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
now ya got me thinking about one!!!! every little bit of weight saved and/or dropped is ALWAYS benefit!!!! in power,stopping, AND handling!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sure and the older Gen's batteries are heavier than this battery to so your going to save a bunch more weight then I did.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I've been looking around on their site already and will probably be giving them a call in a few just to get the details..thanks G-man!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
There are racers around here that runs OEM batteries on their superbikes.. spending lots of cash cutting weight.. I always tell them to get a lighter battery :) This is one of the cheapest way to save weight on cars and bikes :)
Looks very nice!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Many people on the ducati forums are picking these up as there is no issues with cold weather starting (cheaper than A123 batteries as well), and being my 636 & 10r were sharing a speedcell, i just ordered one for the 10R.

Should be at the house about the same time i get back from Iraq, Also bought from superbikesupply.com as Mary is great to deal with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This will be twords the top of the list for mods, its a vary quick way to lose wt. I got a chance to check these out in person at the long beach show and they look and feel high quality expically for how light they are.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I'll be getting at least one this year. My Speedcell in my 04 is still kicking but when it was in the 20's here it was not cranking th bike over :(

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Garth, thats not the battery shorai recommends on its website. How is that battery working? You have a 4 cell battery as opposed to an 8 cell which I've been lead to believe is a better choice for a one liter bike.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Garth,
Unlike lead acid batteries, I understand lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries require cell charge equalising by an external battery management charger. Have you used Shorai's charger that connects directly to each of the four cells via the 5-pin connector? http://www.shoraipower.com/p-184-sho-bms01.aspx? or is it performing okay without doing so? If not, it would be interesting to check the four individual cell voltages to see how they are tracking.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
According to that site, you don't even need a charger. Does say a Deltran battery tender can be usef(like my tender jr.).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts