Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are now on our site and ready for purchase.

"If there's a win-win motorcycle accessory, it just might be Shorai's lithium iron batteries.

Housed in military-spec carbon fiber composite cases, Shorai's LiFePO4 batteries are a fraction of the weight of traditional lead-acid units; their 13.3 volt battery weighs 1 pound, 9 ounces, in contrast to 9 pounds, 4 ounces for a comparable 12.6 volt lead-acid battery. They're also packaged more compactly, claim 2 to 4 times the service life of lead-acids, and can hold a charge for one year without maintenance."--about dot com

The LFX14A2 pictured below is being used on a zx-14. Stock battery weight is 11.4 pounds. Almost 10 POUNDS in savings!!

Shorai offers 3 types of batteries.

race-The LFX Race recommendation is for closed-course competition vehicles, and only when every gram of weight counts. Cranking speed and lifespan may be reduced in this case, depending on the starter current draw for your particular vehicle. Not recommended for daily road use, especially in vehicles which have significant Key-Off current draw.

standard-Our LFX Standard recommendation is the best overall pick for most applications, and has been selected to give strong cranking performance and long lifespan.

duration-The LFX Duration recommendation is for those who want the strongest possible cranking performance and lifespan, and don’t mind a slight increase in weight and cost compared to the standard recommendation. Users with extra electrical accessories may also choose the duration suggestion.

You can purchase your Shorai battery here:

http://www.superbikesupply.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SBS&Product_Code=shorai-battery&Category_Code=shorai

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you will click on the link to our site, it will show you exactly what battery you are looking for and the pricing shipped. The weight of the battery is in the specs as well.

here is the link to figure out what battery will work on your bike. cross reference that number with our site.

http://www.shoraipower.com/c-1-batteries.aspx

Thanks!
Mary

·
Registered
683 Posts
I just ordered a Shorai Battery, part #LFX14A2-BS12 for my ZX-14. This is my order number #2777. Do you all have these in stock or are they on BackOrder just like everyone else ????

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now that part number is out of stock with Shorai, so we can't get anymore until they get more. I did reply to your PM so just let me know what you would like to do. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Price for a Standard and Duration for an 08 ZX-10 shipped to 20032

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are on our site for this price, but the standard is $139 shipped and the duration is $169 shipped. They are sold out at this point, we have some in stock but not the ones recommended for the zx10r. I have been told by Shorai that it should be about 3 weeks or so.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts