Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving from Houston to Dallas by the end of the month & didn't have a bike when I grew up there. Anyone recommend any bike shops...or for that matter know any shops to stay away from up there? TIA for any feedback.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Moto Liberty is one of my favorites for gear. That have a ton of stuff, to include race leathers, and their prices are competitive. Cyclegear is also good. Cycle Werkz in Ft. Worth can do bike repairs. You can buy a limited amount of stuff from their store.

http://www.cyclewerkz.com/

http://www.motoliberty.com/

·
Registered
208 Posts
rockwall honda is there also good people

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
cycle gear, too, of course.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
High 5 cycles...let me know if you go there...I'll call ahead. They have a decent selection of used bikes.

Sik Autosports is good for parts. They are in Mesquite....

small maint stuff I can help you with or just do it for ya....

have a good move. Post up when you get up here.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
What part of town man? I am in Frisco...

Maxim Honda in Allen are pretty good people, but I try to stay away from Plano Kawi (they have never been very good (prices or service) IMO).

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Maxim Honda in Allen are pretty good people, but I try to stay away from Plano Kawi (they have never been very good (prices or service) IMO).
+1 on Maxim...good peeps...and can be found at ECR on many member days.

I've had very good experiences with Plano Kawi's sales and service. One bad experience with one of their parts guys that got straightened out by their GM w/o me having to ask. The new bike prices aren't blow out level but fair. They know who their competition is and will work with you. ...at least that has been my experience. Bought three bikes from them in the past 4 years.

·
Registered
388 Posts
+1 on Maxim...good peeps...and can be found at ECR on many member days.

I've had very good experiences with Plano Kawi's sales and service. One bad experience with one of their parts guys that got straightened out by their GM w/o me having to ask. The new bike prices aren't blow out level but fair. They know who their competition is and will work with you. ...at least that has been my experience. Bought three bikes from them in the past 4 years.
I never really had a problem with there parts dept, I've known Vince for a long time. There service dept on the other hand is IMO a out and out rip off, I my self have been over charged for a service, and I know of a few more people that have had bad experiences with the service section. I don't buy bikes new so I have no idea about there sales staff, but I just don't trust sales people as a general rule.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I my self have been over charged for a service, and I know of a few more people that have had bad experiences with the service section.
That sucks. My work was all warranty so no worries of over charge and work was timely and well communicated. Shows how different people have different experiences.

The only mechanic in the area that I would allow in my motor outside warranty is now at a yammi dealer. Had his own shop in Mckinney but was victom of the economy so took his wrenches and dyno to a stealership. (Dean from Metrictech).

Nothing but great things to say about Motoliberty. Audrey in Dallas is good people and Nathan is a pal that opened their second location in San Antonio. They do alot to help the motorcycling community, I'd urge anyone/everyone to return the support. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
388 Posts
That sucks. My work was all warranty so no worries of over charge and work was timely and well communicated. Shows how different people have different experiences.

The only mechanic in the area that I would allow in my motor outside warranty is now at a yammi dealer. Had his own shop in Mckinney but was victom of the economy so took his wrenches and dyno to a stealership. (Dean from Metrictech).

Nothing but great things to say about Motoliberty. Audrey in Dallas is good people and Nathan is a pal that opened their second location in San Antonio. They do alot to help the motorcycling community, I'd urge anyone/everyone to return the support. :eek:ccasion1
I didn't know MT went under, sad to hear, they were good people over there. :headshake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts