Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boca Cycle in Boca Raton.

Hacks. I can't understand why my friend goes there.

A few months ago they forgot to tighten his calipers after new pads.

he realized when he went to slow down from tripple digits.

I had them swap my front sproket for me.

They only put the nut finger tight.

Anyway he went there for a PC3 installation.

They are ordering a sub-throttle sensor now as it is fried.

i wonder if that will be the only thing fried.

They had the PC hooked up to all the wrong connectors.

What a hack shop!

I will be seeing Ashley from now on for my 10 needs.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
is there something difficult about hooking up the pc?? I mean I wouldn't think it would be that easy to install incorrectly.??

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
If i remember, on the 10, there are 2 connectors that look similar. The instructions do specify which ones, and colors to connect EVERYTHING to, but i guess some people dont pay attention. Its not a hard install, but i think i may have an idea of what they did wrong.

·
Registered
967 Posts
busaforhire said:
is there something difficult about hooking up the pc?? I mean I wouldn't think it would be that easy to install incorrectly.??
Lesson #1. Never under estimate ones ability to phuck up (supposed) simple sh!t :rolleyes:

I was told that the mechanics in one particular shop here were car mechanics not bike mechanics (all but 1 of them). I don't know how true this is nor do I care because I don't plan on taking my bike there anyway but I thought the statement was pretty interesting. I would at least hope that if one had a "mechanical" background that they could get a good grasp fairly easily for wrenching on bikes. :dontknow:

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
189 Posts
The first time I installed my PC3 on my 10 I hooked the damn thing up wrong. At that point I had already installed 8-10 power commanders on various bikes and thought I knew what I was doing so the direction reading part didn't apply to me....... Wrong. Funny thing is, my bike ran fine when it was hooked up wrong. The only clue was that the power commander didn't cycle properly when I turned the fuel pump on. Easy fix and luckily I didn't screw anything up permanantly.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I hooked mine up to the wrong connector...was the same color as the PC connector!
Then I cranked it and it stumbled and would not idle plus FI light was on. I turned it off....gathered my wits and found the other connector...runs fine now and has for a long time. It did not hurt anything. Several other guys did the same thing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ashley works on bikes? Cool.

I went in that place for a tire for the VFR, and they told me that Bridgestone was garbage and I should buy what they have in stock. Later on, they had Bridgestones in stock and were raving about them.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Well I got mine installed last night and I still can't figure out how you could hook it up wrong?? what a pain to get to those connectors though..
the last bike I had with a pc you could just pull the seat and take it on and off not take apart half the bike..lol

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
crispin said:
A few months ago they forgot to tighten his calipers after new pads.

he realized when he went to slow down from tripple digits.
Just a minor point, but you don't have to loosen the calipers to change pads.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts