Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know helmets are very subjective (much like bikes) but I am thinking I need a new lid. I have owned Shoei before and like the fit. I have a narrow head, etc. I currently have an HJC. Nothing wrong with it but I would like to move up to the Shoei.

So, aside from the descriptions on the Shoei website, anyone here got a preference for either the X11 or the RF1000? Is the X11 worth the price difference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own an X11 and like it. Provides good internal airflow. My choice was between an Aria and the Shoei, but the Shoei fit me better so I went with it. I've seen retailers offer it at $450 around here. You may find better pricing. Never wore an RF1000, someone else can comment on them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a Shoei RF900 that I liked alot. When the time came, I figured I'd replace it with an RF1000. Went to the dealer to try one on, and the fit was totally different for me - felt more round than oval. Pressed up against my forehead in a most unconfortable way, not at all like the 900. Wound up going with a comparably priced Arai.

Can't speak to the X11.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts