Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the shocks on a 2008 10R should be? My bike is still set on the stock setting. I use it basically for street riding and love to play in the corners with the boys. Any ideas that could atleast get me started in the right direction?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i would suggest searching for suspension settings on this forum or internet i.e-googe or something....also you might wanna take it to a shop and have them set it for your weight...its like 30 bucks!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
did you read the owners manual? it has everything about the shocks and its a lot of information. more than you would want to type.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have looked and asked at dealers and everything i have found talks only of the stock settings
You need to do some research. Fiddling with the knobs will do no good, unless you understand the cause and effect of adjustments.

There is tons of info on the web, and you need to start by setting the sag. You will need at least two buddies. Sag first, then comp and rebound. Try to use as little rebound as possible.

There is no such thing as stock settings, everything is should be set for your weight and road conditions. If your dealer doesn't know how to setup suspensions, at the very minimum the sag, then you need to never go back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts