Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who sells a stiffer rear spring for the 04-shock?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
have you thought about swapin the stock shock out for a busa shock, much stiffer and is a direct swap.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Eibach

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you thought about swapin the stock shock out for a busa shock, much stiffer and is a direct swap.
I got a reval shock its working very well just thinking about puting a stronger spring on it, im about 200lb and i want a better spring

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
http://www.traxxion.com/HypercoShockSprings.aspx

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.

After rereading the thread sounds like you already replaced the stock shock but I'll leave the below information for others just in case.

I think the 05 spring was a bit softer and better valving than the 04 but not 100%. I think the stock spring is something around 530 pounds. I think you would want to start with setting sag first and then see how it feels. If you have already done that and still don't like it from what others have said you should just have the stock shock revalved/resprung by DK racing or one of the other suspension companies. Just respringing the stock shock probably won't get you the results you are looking for since it's not only a spring issue.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.traxxion.com/HypercoShockSprings.aspx

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.

After rereading the thread sounds like you already replaced the stock shock but I'll leave the below information for others just in case.

I think the 05 spring was a bit softer and better valving than the 04 but not 100%. I think the stock spring is something around 530 pounds. I think you would want to start with setting sag first and then see how it feels. If you have already done that and still don't like it from what others have said you should just have the stock shock revalved/resprung by DK racing or one of the other suspension companies. Just respringing the stock shock probably won't get you the results you are looking for since it's not only a spring issue.

Just my opinion.
thanks good info:thumbsup:

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just swapped to a first gen busa shock and love it. I've heard of people swapping just the spring too. Otherwise racetech will sell you a spring, I believe they're around $100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts