Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to traxxion today and got the reack shock resprung and revalved. The rear feels really good now - was pretty jumpy before. I have a question about something they did because it's a little over my head :) so they ended up putting sone spacers on top of the coil which if I understand correctly has something to do with the top out spring and they didn't have one shorter ( and i mihht be way off here lol) but here's a pic and was curious about any thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
You talking about that big black collar?

Semms to be just an adapter for the spring. ie the spring was that much shorter than the stock.

Have you ever had the stock shock re freshened? If not, that might count for it being jumpy.

Cool stuff man.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup that black collar thing! So i don't know if I am overthinking it (cuz I'm sure they did the math, dynoed etc) but wouldn't a shorter spring limit travel and cause the spring to "bind" earlier? (not sure if tht's the term but u know what I mean)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are you happy with your results? I plan on doing the same thing this winter.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loving it man. I stopped by MM to get the suspension tuned up a little. Traxx always makes thing a little too stiff for me and just needed softening up. But the bike feels very very good.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yup that black collar thing! So i don't know if I am overthinking it (cuz I'm sure they did the math, dynoed etc) but wouldn't a shorter spring limit travel and cause the spring to "bind" earlier? (not sure if tht's the term but u know what I mean)

Not necessarily, a long spring with lots of thick coils can bind at less travel than a short one with less thinner coils. And the shorter one will be lighter, but at the same spring rate.
I think you're over thinking it.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Can you tell me how much this cost you? I am interested in changing up my rear on my gen3.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Can you tell me how much this cost you? I am interested in changing up my rear on my gen3.
Re valving and re springing a stock shock runs something like 350 bucks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roughly that much i actually took it to them to deal with so they charged for taking forks and shock off etc. and yea i did both front and rear. feels great after i had someone else fine tune them a little from what came out of traxxion after the valving.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts