Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Looking to repair my shock on my ZX10R as it has lost damping. Could anyone advise the best place to get this done?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Tough to help with that since your in the UK. Depends on how long you want to wait. Do you have a local shop that you trust. If not you could get the parts from Race Tech or Ohlins depending on how much you want to spend. On the 2011 thru 2015 10R the loss of dampening is due to the shock oil being to light. Just changing to a heavier oil will help solve the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tough to help with that since your in the UK. Depends on how long you want to wait. Do you have a local shop that you trust. If not you could get the parts from Race Tech or Ohlins depending on how much you want to spend. On the 2011 thru 2015 10R the loss of dampening is due to the shock oil being to light. Just changing to a heavier oil will help solve the problem.
Thanks for that info pal! I've been looking around and found this company on the web who are also in the UK Motorcycle Shock Absorbers they can rebuild my shock absorber for £120 as a complete service with new oil etc. :grin2:

·
Registered
547 Posts
You could give either Gareth Evans at Reactive suspension in Eastmoor, York or Darren at MCT in Suffolk a go. Good people who know their shit. :ayyy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts