Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone accomplishing this evolution? Got this Nitron whispering in my ear.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
How do you remove the linkage ? I got my attack set collecting dust and I refuse to pay $100/hr labor to have a shop do it for me lol

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,545 Posts
How do you remove the linkage ? I got my attack set collecting dust and I refuse to pay $100/hr labor to have a shop do it for me lol

I'll do it for $80/hr.:wink:

Or you can just take the other 2 bolts out holding the linkage on.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you have decent quality rearsets with non folding pegs you can use a set of axle stands to get the weight of the back by using them under your footpegs.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I use a cherry picker or 2 post lift with straps attached to the passenger pegs when I take my shock off. Works pretty slick. Could also do ratchet straps around the rafters of the garage but don't think that'd be as smooth if you want to let it down just a little bit.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'll do it for $80/hr.

Or you can just take the other 2 bolts out holding the linkage on.
So take the shock out first then the linkage? I'm going to attempt doing that this weekend.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
PETER: In here is fine so other may benefit as well if someone is looking for this info. Thanks mate

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Rear linkage remove refit

Ok put your bike on its rear stand(swing arm spool type)(front if you have)
Loosen the 3 M10 14mm nuts on the linkage,use a small bottle jack(even a car scissor jack)under the main frame(under the oem centre exhaust mount bracket)and make sure it's centered!you need to unload the rear shocker so your bolts can be removed!Take the nuts off the linkage bolts!ok you must take this next step slowly and be very diligent when you start to use your jack(you only have to jack it a very small amount).
While you carefully jack it up watch the distance on either swingarm spools when they start to lift off your rear stand!make sure both sides are about even(bottle jack centre of the bike).
It only lifts it off about 2-4mm either side(this way the spools a well inside the stand lifters)where your spools meet your rear stand hooks!
DO NOT LIFT THE BIKE PASSED your hooks because your bike could tip!,
As I said you only are taking the pressure off the bolts!
As you start to use your jack check the bolts after every LITTLE Rise of the jack!
Please be careful it doesn't have to be lifted past your rear hooks!you are only jacking it up to unload the shocker!
You will feel your bolts get loose and at that point DO NOT JACK IT ANY MORE!,
What you must remember your rear stand is like a fail safe(as I said the spools are well inside your rear stand hooks)just in case your bike slides off your bottle jack!now slide out the 3 M10 along with your shock linkage and replace with your a/m one!be patient have everything in place before!you will need a 14socket,extension bars,ratchet,14 ring spanner and I used a small piece of flat wood to place between the jack head and bike frame(less chance of slipping off).
Do this with no children around please the bike tipping over scares the shit out of me if Im not there!once again DONT jack it up past your stand hooks because it's simply DANGEROUS!!!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
PETER thanks a lot mate. Those are easy to follow instructions and I should be able to do that job following your write up. Big thumbs up to you mate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts